When to pack hospital bag?

Pregnot

Reaction score
When did everyone pack theirs?? I'm going to start a week on Thursday can't wait to do it

also what's the deal with packing food? Surely people in labour don't sit there eating and drinking? But I'm guessing there is a reason for packing such items?

I think being prepared is better sooner than later also food becauseafter labour ul be starving apparently and also pack plenty for your man to munch too. Sweets to keep energy up during labour same with the drinks x

When preggo with my son - it turned out I needed a hospital bag at 27 weeks! and totally didn't have it ready! luckily I was only in over night and I didn't have him then - but next pregnancy I had it all done early just in case- I had one for if I needed to go into hospital but wasn't delivering and one for baby if i was!

i never ate a thing from going into labour to giving birth, tbh - I didn't feel hungry in the slightest! If you pack lots of food goodies in your bag - your OH will end up eating it all, lol. So pack him a bag too ;)

I had my first antenatal class last night (nice and close to my due date haha) and they said in labour you burn 600 calories per hour so you need to keep your energy up! So things like cereal bars, nuts etc are essential!
I packed mine at 35 weeks as I was going away for the weekend and didnt want to risk it but am re packing it today as I've forgotten what I've packed and have bought some stuff since! X

I started making lists around 30weeks and finished at about 33weeks.... I keep going into in most days and double checking, taking stuff out.. putting other stuff in haha

Mine is almost done started at 31 weeks. You will definately need snacks unless you wanna pay hospital canteen/coffee shop prices. You will be allowed and encouraged to eat in labour unless on an epidural. So take cereal bars, chocolate, bananas and energy (isotonic) drinks for yourself as labour is long (sometimes) and tiring the stretched uterus is the biggest muscle in the body and is doing a huge workout so you need fuel. Also take food for the OH or he wil flag (I know mine would).

Mine is packed and has been for a few weeks. I probably wouldn't have done it until this weekend but I've been admitted 3 times since 27weeks so wanted to be prepared. With my first I didn't eat anything during labour - I laboured through the night and due to problems I wasn't allowed to eat in case I needed a section. I did pack food and ate it after he arrived, so did OH! I just took bottles of water as I really don't like energy drinks and water was the only thing I as allowed to have during labour x

I think I started mine about 34 weeks and finished it about 37 weeks.

Food might be a good idea if you are in there a long time, you might have a slow labour but they want to monitor you/baby so you can't go home. I don't believe they feed you very well!

I've packed some biscuits and cereal bars, I'm planning on grabbing a bit of fruit out the bowl before we leave. I've put some bottled water in the freezer that will keep it (and everything else) cold and I have some lucozade sport in the fridge ;)

Started mine a few weeks ago and almost finished now at 33 weeks. I wanted to be prepared and get all the baby bits done in time for the summer hols so I can spend some quality time with DS and OH before little one arrives :) I've packed some cereal bars and biscuits and some cartons of juice with straws as thought they would be easy to sip during labour! Xxx

mines all done and ready in the car waitin. i think earlier the better, babys are unpredictable! lol food is important cuz like the girls said ya need somethin to be snackin on when ya in there pushin for dear life lol il be eating slow release energy foods when i start latent phase (early labour) before i go in hospital. like brown pasta n sauce or brown bread jam, bananas , potatoes, beans all stuff like that cuz apparently if your body hasnt got the right foods in there when your contractions start, labour can either go away in latent phase cuz ya body is rejectin whats about to happen cuz ya aint got the energy or when your in active labour and you havnt got the right foods inside ya it could be a very long labour! so its more important what you eat at home before you actually get in that hospital. if you fill your face full of shit like choc n stuff that will only give you a short energy burst n not do anytin for ya meaning your conractions might stop. so watever ya do girls, pack ya sweets n choc n stuff in ya bag but do not be eatin that shit at home before the hospital until your actually in real active labour or pushin!! lol xx

Im still not 100% that mine is done to be honest. I just havent the motivation. OH has a list so he knows what to put in during early Stages of labour xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

I was recommended to do it at about 33 weeks but didn't start it until about 35 weeks and haven't even finished it now haha! Only a few smallish bits to put in though which I can quickly do before leaving xx

need to pack mine ASAP midwife wasnt impressed mine wasnt done, will be done by end of weekend oooppss

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back