When to introduce new foods?

rheannymac

Reaction score
I started weaning Harry on Saturday. Tried to give him some banana & peach porridge but he didnt like it, so tried him on puréed pear on Sunday and he loves it. So since Sunday he's had the equivolant of 1 spoonful of pear. Was just wandering when I should introduce another food?
I was thinking of giving him carrot purée on Thursday? Xxx

How old is he? I don't see any problem of introducing different foods as fast as you want in a baby that Dosent come from a family with loads of allergies (providing that you stick to vegetables and fruits until 6 m)
Saying that I tried Amelie with pear first, porridge, baby rice, apple and banana.
Found out that banana and apple give her constipation so she Dosent get those too often.
Tried carrot but she didn't like it so tried carrot with sweet potato and zucchini and she liked it.
Up to 5m + 3 weeks she had only sweet potato, potato, green beans, broccoli, carrot, zucchini, apple, pear, mango, banana, peach, different porridge and baby rice. At 6 m I started giving her a new food every day.
You can go as fast as you are comfortable. If you wean before 6 m you can get it slower and see if he has a reaction etc.

Thanks hope! He's 5 months so I was a bit weary of introducing too much too soon incase of allergies xxx

All those foods that I gave her are low allergy foods (maybe be careful with mango). Avocado too but I found out that she cuts too much on her milk if she eats avocado as it contains lots of fat and calories for my liking for first stage weaning food.
I would say try him with carrot today, sweet potato tomorrow or in a couple of days and so on :) You will slowly build confidence and you will try loads :)
Good luck :)

I gave it a couple of days between new foods, that ay you can see what causes a reaction!
Xxx

Wss^

Puréed apples are also good first food. Sweet potatoes are another. Xx

Thanks so much ladies! I went out & got carrot, apple and sweet potato. Think ill do 2/3 days of each before introducing different ones each time xxx

Good luck! Look forward to seeing some pics in the 'how messy' thread xx

Thanks Hun! I can't wait either! Harry loves his grub so I'm sure itll go down well! Another quick question, is normal potato good to give them? Puréed obviously xxx

Yes I think so. I've never given it, not for any particular reason. Save some of the water you cooked it in to help purée it down at bit xx

Thanks Hun, I made some today with his milk. Popped it in the freezer and will give him it on Friday I think! :) x

Yeeeey for new tastes!!! I am not sure if you should freeze sth that contains formula inside?
You can always freeze it like that and then add formula when defrosted? To warm it up a little too like that?
I found out that the consistency of food changes very much after frozen so you may find that it needs thickening after you defrost it next time.
I hope he enjoys it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back