When to indroduce your baby to its own nursery?

Wilson28

Reaction score
Hi girls

well my little one is 6 1/2 months old and i have waited to put the lo one in his own room at 6 months, but i feel its a big mistake as he is to aware of his surroundings and cries the house down, because its not what he wants.:oooo:

I am still bf and lo wakes at least 2-3 times a night for a quick top up. so how do i get him in his own room and to feel i haven't paced the house all night up and down as he is such a light sleeper and when he stirs he likes to be put on his side and bum pattered till he settles back off, when he is in bed with me he doesnt bloody stir at all :/

xx

Tough one! We moved Jack at 5 months but he's a pretty deep sleeper and very lad back to he wasn't bothered. Harry's a light sleeper though.

Where does your LO nap? How about letting him just nap in his room at first to let him get used to it? Harry's just started napping in his room and he's 15 weeks tomorrow and so far he seems happy enough in there.

Worth a try? x

hiya hunni

he naps in his cot in our room, we have a small cot in our room and a cotbed in his room, ive tried to get himt o have naps in there but he doesnt sleep as long, but i think tomorrow i will put his naps in his room, also he likes to fall asleep on boobie majority of the time xx

I can't offer boobie advise i'm afraid. I hope someone else can though x

That's the way we did it Wilson, put him in the nursery for naps first and then a few weeks later, put him in there at night. J sleeps a lot better in his own room. We weren't doing night feeds by then though.

Hope the changeover goes well for you xx

Thanks for that katie, will have a go when i feel better. Nice to see u bk too xx

Well Chloe will be 6 months on the 19th :-/ over the last few days iv been sitting in the room with her during the day. Only 5 mins at first and building it up. Been putting her in her cot for a few minutes and then taking her out.....so far she loves it as its a new room :) when I'm ready we are going to put her crib in there 1st so it's not to much of a shock then after a few weeks try the cot.

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back