When to have another baby?

Poppy1987

Reaction score
I know I only had my lo in June but we know we want another baby, I would love to be pregnant within the next year but we don't want to actively ttc until October/November time.

Anyway I have gone back on the pill but now I am concerned that last time it took me 17 months to fall, I don't want the same thing to happen again so I'm not sure to stop my pill and we just be careful.

Sorry for the Rambling post, my question is when you had your lo how long did it take to fall with your first and then a second, third etc after being on the pill etc

The coil with no hormones is supposed to be good , as soon as it s taken out fertility goes back to normal

^wss I had the coil fitted and fell pregnant within a month of it being removed :) xx

I can't answer this but we will be trying again in December, with all being well. I have the implant fitted. And when I fell with jack , I had it taken out at the end of April and on the bank holiday in August I found it that I was 5 weeks pregnant. So quite quick. X

Last edited:
I'd be more inclined to have the copper coil (no hormones) fitted. I was on the pill for 2.5 years, and it took 3 years after stopping it for my to fall pregnant with my little man. I had the copper coil fitted when he was about 2/3 months old and had it removed again in May ready to ttc... I was pregnant 3 weeks later! I will be getting another coil fitted after this baby!!!

XxX

It took me nine months to fall with our little fella after coming off the pill but to be perfectly honest I don't think we were DTD enough to catch at the right times. Within about 6 weeks of DTD every day/other day, we found out I was pregnant.

My sister who was on the pill similar length of time to me fell pregnant within about 8 weeks of coming of it.

I'm now on a different pill, but in no rush to have another frankly!

I was pregnant within 2 cycles of stopping the pill, but that did end in miscarriage (as did my next two pregnancies). I am not blaming the Pill for my losses and even went back on it when I stopped expressing for a few months... The hormones sent me batty !!

Now we're using OPK's to avoid fertile window, in all honesty we don't have much sex these days anyway :shock:

I'm going to look into copper coil when we decide when we can TTC again

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
10 months after stopping the pill to conceive Jack and 2 months for Harry!! x

Good idea to use opk to avoid your fertile time carnat, it's just an excuse to pee on a stick lol does it still get exciting when you get two lines?

I think I will speak to the docs about the coil thanks all xx

I came off the pill on the 13th September & got pregnant on the 4th October with no af in between. Perfectly healthy bubba. So I think it just depends on the person x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It took me nearly a year to fall pg after being on the pill for 14 years so I have a copper coil at the moment so I don't have the same problem of my body taking ages to sort itself out hormone wise. It's not the nicest thing to have put in but I haven't had any problems at all with it. It's a good option between babies xx

It took a year to conceive Alice and then I fell pregnant when she was 5 month old. So my advice is don't try until your ready to fall pregnant ifykwim? Although we wanted a small gap and I love having two so close as never had to deal with jolusy with my first x

T is 3 months old and I can't wait to have another! We ttc for a year for him.

We'd like to wait a couple years to go on holiday, save some money and for me to get my figure back!

We are using condoms at the mo and they are working for us. I hated taking the pill!!

Xxxxxxxx

As others have said, go on the coil. I recently asked my doctor the about contraceptives and was told if I wanted to have a baby within the next year and a half that the coil was the only way to go as with the pill/injection it can take up to a year for your fertility to return to normal! and that condoms and the coil are the only ones with which you're fertility is back to normal straight away once taken out.

I had the implant removed and caught writhing 3wks!! X x

Tapatalking. X

I done some research on the coil it sounds a perfect choice after speaking to hubby we have decided for me to stop the pill and be careful. We are both fully aware that being careful can result in accidents but we wouldn't mind not that we get loads of time for sex now anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back