When to go up at teat size?

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by julianne, Nov 8, 2012.

1. julianne

julianne Well-Known Member

What the title says really. How do you know when you need to move up a teat size? LO is 4 wks old and does not appear to have any trouble at all quaffing his bottles down. Still using the size 1 teat at the moment but not sure when to change or what to look out for to indicate I need to change.

Thanks

xx

2. Leah04x

Leah04x Well-Known Member

We started using variflow teats when he was a couple of weeks old.. He was taking forever to take a bottle, falling asleep as he was taking so long & also the size 1 teats kept collapsing/inverting as he was sucking so hard xx

3. Emily0505

Emily0505 Well-Known Member

My LO is 11 weeks old and i will be moving him up a teat size this weekend. Will get some when we go shopping.

XX

4. sarahlouise86

sarahlouise86 Well-Known Member

I'm going to change my lo's at the weekend as he's taking forever to feed n keeps fallen asleep before he's finished xx

5. Lolly85x

Lolly85x Well-Known Member

I changed my LO from size 1 to 2 at 8 weeks. As he was taking bigger bottles he wouldn't finish the bottles, but still be hungry. So would want to feed again. I changed his teat size and he started finishing his bottles xx