When to get first shoes?

Lynds77

Reaction score
this question was triggered by Gayles clever little DG getting her first pair!

so when do we get them? Freya isnt cruising yet like DG, but she is pulling herself up and wanting to stand up ALL THE TIME :wall2:

but most of the time she is still on her tippy toes? she tries to walk if we hold her hands but still on her tip toes

do shoes encourage them to keep flat feet? will it help her walk?

or do i just wait until she is taking steps by herself?

we got told not until they'd been walking unaided for 6wks.
O isn't doing that, but is taking steps unaided and cruises confidently.
we got her a pair because she wants to be down and walking when out and i was worried about her feet getting hurt on something but she never wears them indoors as their feet need freedom to grow properly, they find their balance easier with bare feet to xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Personally I would wait for proper shoes, partly because her feet are probably so small no shoes will fit yet anyway! We had B fitted yesterday as he's taking unaided steps and he's a 4 1/2 and most shoe sizes don't start till 6.
You can get cruisers which are cheaper but if its just inside bare feet are the best.
We had B fitted for cruisers at 6 1/2 months when he was pulling himself up and cruising but he grew out of them so quick so was a waste of money for us.

her feet are tiny. Her newborn socks still fit her, and she is currently still wearing 3-6mnth pram shoes. I got some 6-12mnth socks, and the heel bit is halfway up her leg! her lovely 6-9mnth sandals that I bought her a few months back are all still sat at the back of the cupboard. They are like boats on her.

so I am a little worried that there will be nothing that will fit her!

W is 10 months and he doesn't have shoes yet. He stands up and walks around the furniture. But he's growing so much just now, and doesn't walk outside so I just think it's a waste of money for me at the moment (plus he doesn't keep shoes on) will see if he starts toddling on his own then I'll maybe get him cruisers.xxx

we got told not until they'd been walking unaided for 6wks.
O isn't doing that, but is taking steps unaided and cruises confidently.
we got her a pair because she wants to be down and walking when out and i was worried about her feet getting hurt on something but she never wears them indoors as their feet need freedom to grow properly, they find their balance easier with bare feet to xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Exactly this! We waited until she had been walking properly a couple if weeks and don't keep them on the house xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AJ just had pram shoes until he was 1. Then we went and got him his first proper shoes for his 1st birthday.
Sophie doesnt even own a pair of pram shoes! We'll wait until she's comfortable cruising like AJ.

I was wondering the same today. C has only just started pulling himself up and is slowly getting the confidence to cruise around xx

Daisy Grace walks with her feet flat and wants to walk all the time all of a sudden. Clarks told me they will protect her feet and give her support.

Daisy Grace walks with her feet flat and wants to walk all the time all of a sudden. Clarks told me they will protect her feet and give her support.

see thats what i thought too. Surely all this tip-toeing around isnt good for her feet? or do they start like that and then after a while learn to put their feet flat?

Dunno lynds. Im no expert so just going with what the lady in clarks suggested. Shes been fitting kids shoes for 20 odd years she told me. It's like everything else in the parenting manual-folk will have an opinion. I got her them this morning and we came home and shes been walking up and down the kitchen holding my hands. She is proper srtriding out too. The lady who fitted her shoes said shes so small to be walking but clearly wants to as soon as possible
She is too impatient to wait. I walk fine and got my first pair of jumping jacks at 8 months when i first walked.

The clarks shoes start at a 2. DG is still in 0-3 pram shoes but they offer no support. 3-6 flap off her feet and the heel off her newborn socks is still up her leg. Shes got diddy feet too. Xxx

tapatalking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back