When to count CD1 after MMC?

elsa16

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I don't really know if there is an answer to this but I was wondering when to count CD1 after a m/c and whether I can expect to O as I normally would in a regular cycle.

I had a miscarriage and started to bleed naturally about 10 days ago but it was helped along by medical management and the bleeding has now stopped.

Do I count the first day of bleeding as CD1? I would usually O around CD16.. Is it likely that I will O then or will it be messed up because of the m/c?

I was 11 weeks at the time of the m/c but development had stopped at around 5 or 6 weeks.

I just want to start TTC again but don't know if I'm being optimistic that it would be possible this cycle.

Thanks in advance xxxx

I'm so sorry about your loss :hug:

This is really hard to judge hun. I think another one of the reasons why they tell you to wait a cycle, some people are very fertile after a miscarriage and some don't ovulate. I didn't after my first but my second I did. The first I was so devastated I didn't want hubby near me, with the second it was all I wanted. After the second I said to hubby I just wanted to try again as soon as I stopped bleeding so we did, I wasn't planning on checking ovulation but I had ewcm so ended up doing a few opks and got a positive.

I think you could go on the basis that the first day you bled was cd1 and try checking ovulation from day 12 or so. You might ovulate earlier or later than you normally would so watch out for that. After my first I didn't ovulate the first month and the month after I ovulated late. With the second m/c I ovulated about 2 days later than i normally do.

I'd just go with it this month. Have sex as you feel you want to and don't put too much pressure on yourself. If you see signs of ovulation then you could always test for it. It's so hard to tell what our bodies are going to do after so try not to worry. I hope you do and get your rainbow! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back