When to contact midwife???

Star_girl

Reaction score
Hello I had a miscarriage in June with that pregnancy I contacted them at 4 weeks but they told me to call back when I was 6 weeks obviously I never made it to that stage.

I’m now pregnant again 3 weeks 4days but with my past history will they give me a extra scan to check on my ovaries and make sure that baby is in the right location?

I had a ruptured hemorrhagic corpus luteum cyst that gave me internal bleeding so now I’m obviously worried that this is going to happen again! Apparently they said it was rare and was unlikely going to happen again. Obviously I won’t see much at 4 weeks but I was hoping at least 5-6 weeks to check everything is ok?

only symptom I have is a few cramps like period type and dizziness x I don’t know where to start.

Before 6 weeks, you don't see anything except a thickening of the womb. I don't think they will scan you before 6 weeks, but you can always call for advice.x

I miscarried number 2 at 10 weeks, I’ve never received extra scans or earlier midwife appointments because of it. I was told to consult midwife to book in at 8 weeks.

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage and congrats on your bfp.

Your GP is normally your first port of call for early pregnancy problems. If out of hours, A&E if really concerned/in pain. Scans might show issues on the ovaries, but as someone has said, confirming a uterine pregnancy 6-7 weeks. Whether you qualify for an extra scan because of your history, I'm not sure - they would normally counsel you about that at the time of the previous event so that you know what to do when you get pregnant again. Eg: I had a history of ectopics, so I am able to self-refer to our EPAU, but not all women can.

In terms of midwifery care: You can self-refer to most maternity units in the country rather than having to see your GP - usually on the maternity section of the trust website. I'd say refer around 6 weeks as they aim to book you by around 10 weeks.

All the best with everything x

Thankyou everyone x I will give them a call when I hit 6 weeks if everything gos well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back