when to come off the pill?

Smile2day

Reaction score
We want to try and conceive later on this year (maybe starting to try in 4/5 months). I am currently on the pill. I have read different things - some saying to come off the pill early & let your body adjust (how long?) and others say that you stand a better chance when you just come off the pill. Which would be best?

What ever you feel your body will need. I have had a break of around 4-6 months each time but I had been on the pill for 18 year constantly before stopping to conceive my first. My body needed to adjust, my cycles never changed and we're spot on but I felt I just needed to get it all out of my system.

I wasn't prepared to wait and for it not to happen straight away so thought what the hell, if it happened a couple of months earlier than planned because we forgot to be careful than it wasn't a big deal

I came off the pill in the July after taking for 6 years, and I was pregnant by the November. I did OPK's the first month, and I was lucky that I started ovulating straight away :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back