When to buy the big stuff?

LauraMummyToBe

Reaction score
I'm 20+2 and I'm just wondering when you ladies think I should start buying the big things like the pram, the cot, and all the other stuff the baby will need? :/

I don't wanna jinx it! Xxx

Im waiting until my scan before i get anything else, if you are ordering furniture most take a while for delivery so may need ordered soon. You can still wait a couple months yet if you want or buy and store it in someone elses house if you dont want to have it in your house yet x

Im 27 weeks now n just about too buy our pram alreadybhave the cot had it in my attic from my little girl going to start getting it all now :)

I haven't bought anything but my family have got bits for me, so I have two travel systems. One is in my flat. I'm dot believe in jinxing, not superstitious at all. Going to get a Moses and buy a cot probably just before or after baby is here xxx

I'm 30 weeks, my pram etc is being delivered next week & my nursery furniture arrived last week x

I ordered furniture after 20 week scan and pushchair at mum and dads but purely as bought ex display so got 130 quid off x

My nursery was up and ready to go at 23 weeks.

Hmm, not too sure when to get all the big stuff. :/ Might wait until my mum comes home from Spain and go shopping with her! :/ xxx

I ordered my cot at weekend and ordered my pram when I had my 20 week scan x my mums buying my pram for me a graco evo x

I'm not superstitious at all.

I bought my stuff when I had the money to buy it, no particular time line.

I'm not superstitious at all.

I bought my stuff when I had the money to buy it, no particular time line.

That's probably the best way to do it to be honest, money is so tight at the moment I've only got a few bits of clothing up to now! :| Really need to get a shimmy on!

We started after 20w scan, we wanted it all paid for before I went on maternity leave! Gave us plenty of time to pay off the credit card etc...

xxxx

Last edited:
I've bought nearly everything apart from the cot and mattress. I went yesterday was so fun and got a few special offers. Xx

I bought all mine straight after 20 week scan :) x

We had all our big stuff ordered before 20 week scan but chose to have it delivered later on so could cancel orders if needed but don't really believe in superstition or jinxing it, just thought what will be will be and that's it. Am pleased we did order bits as now have all our big bits and mostly set up in nursery. Still got lots of little bits to buy to keep me busy for the last 13 weeks or so.

Enjoy shopping!! Xxx

i am waiting until i know if its a girl or a boy before i go ahead and buy things, dont know why lol. i had a big weekend full of shopping planned but my stubborn lickle baba was too busy sleeping in the wrong position!! so got to put it off another 2 weeks!!! x x x

Just keep an eye on the sales, I've even getting emails from bounty with offers for different things and look up baby events with different shops and that xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back