when to allow visitors

Most of my family and friends knew to wait and not to just turn up!! My mil some how broke into labour ward they had to evict her!! Pmsl!! She came in room while I was in labour uninvited I was not happy.
But because o went to scbu it was a bit different than taking him home straight away!!
I have no idea what will hapoen this time as either mum or mum.in law will prob have to pick up and watch son duri g tjis labour!

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Yes I'm prob overreacting iv thought about it and it really doesn't matter as long as its only immediate family and as long as they understand that if I need them to go they will have to go no matter how long they have been there. Il play it by how I feel I think thank you ladies xx

Yes i think thats the best thing to do Kate,
I am going to do that to.
With my son I just had immediate family come into the hospital, I did feel a complete mess, but it was nice to see friendly faces and didnt really want to be on my own to start with (I had to stay in for 3 days as baby was a bit poorly and needed antibiotics) , so was quite nice to have someone with me at the hospital and OH couldnt always be there.

But afterwards when we were home, I found that the tiredness of the whole thing kicked in and I really needed to sleep when baby was sleeping and I had visitors just turning up all the place and i have to say it was horrible!!
All I wanted to do was go to bed and SLEEEEEEEPPPPPP or just relax.

My son was forever feeding so if he was awake I felt like I forever had half my boob on show which made me feel uneasy and uncomfortable.

Some of OH's family came round with a massive (and I mean massive) laundry type basket full of clothes and baby bits , they really went to such a lot of effort and I was so grateful, but obviously in my overwhelmed, overtired, trance like state i didnt act that grateful and they got offended!!
Which I really idnt need the ho ha of all a family drama.

It was all a bit much to be honest, so I will definitely try and limit the amount of visitors in the first few weeks. Prop is you dont know when baby will sleep, but i dont want what I had last time.
You soi need your sleep in the early days and I know I will make this clear to people beforehand , so as not to offend anyone at the time!!!

xx

Last edited:
I'm dreading my mil I reckon she's gonna b one of those that will say do this don't do that etc and try n take over I don't want her anywhere near me for a few days but I reckon itl start an argument I might say to him we will need a few days on our own with baby due to bonding and also bf x mayb say she can visit if I'm n hospital for half an hour like y would they stay any longer lol like the baby can do anything apart from want fed x I've been told a few girls have been sent home and ended up going back to hospital cos the baby hasn't fed properly or have jaundice so I might insist on stay n a day or two hopefully that'll keep mil away x
She's already said she wants to take baby on hols all I'm thinkn is over my dead body lol

My immediate family all waited in the waiting room for about 10 hours bless them to bring in balloons and gifts etc when she was born and tbh I was so proud I couldn't wait to show her off to anyone who wanted to see her. My mum and sister were in the delivery room with my OH and then extended family came and went throughout visiting hours with and without invites. It will be exactly the same this time too. It didn't bother me.

I just said I was tired if people started to outstay their welcome and most took the hint immediately And left us to it xx

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11
Baby Boy due 17th Dec 2013

Grrr I hate it when people interfere! My family is so relaxed and although they can't wait to meet baby etc they wouldn't dare just turn up and they have the brains to realise I might need time etc first. OH's family on the other hand are really selfish and his mam has already said how she's gonna be waiting in the waiting room while I'm in labour! I'd love my mam to be there ASAP no matter what state I'm in because we're really close and I just know il be shouting for her when I'm in pain lol but my OH is all for 'if your mam comes so should mine' kind of attitude but I'm not comfortable with his being there when I'm in such a state - ideally I'd like her to wait a few days but that's defo not gonna happen! Xx

Y do mil's or oh family gotta b so bloody awkward I feel for all who have this problem me being one of them xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back