When should the plug go??

Lyn_no3

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I'm pretty certain that i lost my mucus plug today, is that normal? i mean i know its not like my waters going or anything but i dont remember it going this early last time :? i'm a bit nervous does anyone think that i should speak to my midwife? i just don't like to fuss.

what is the mucus plug?
soz im well think lol im findin out loadsa new things through all this chat lol

The mucus plug is the gel like substance thats inside the cervix. The plug seals the mouth of the uterus and protects the baby from infections. not as necessary as the waters but its all part of the same sort of thing i think. hope that helps playmate

I've read that the plug can come out a couple of weeks before labour begins, i think my sister in law was about 4 weeks before, if you are concerned then do speak to your mid wife thats what shes there for, but im sure it'll be fine :)

I think i'll just wait and see then. Thanks :) hope it is a good 4 wks til baby comes yet not ready!! arghhh! lol

Is it obvious when you lose the plug? What are the signs?

Thanks, that site did help...I really appreciate it. I lost my plug on Saturday so hopefully the baby is on her way!!!! :)

It can come out quite a few weeks prior to labour, it does not mean you are about to go into labour though.

I talked to my mum about this the other day and she has given birth 5 days and didn't even know what a show was - she never noticed it so I don't think it's too much of a big deal unless you bleed alot etc.

Thanx i thought it wasn't a sure sign anything was happening and since read about it and know its not, it just worried me a bit because it did mean in my last 2 pregnancies that i was about to go into labour. Glad everything is all good tho. Glad that site helped Hayley :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back