When should I start to get faint lines?

leesey

Reaction score
Just started opks this cycle, only done 3 so far but just as a control group as I'm only on CD12. Will start doing them every day at CD15 so I can find out when I ovulate hopefully.
So obviously at CD7, CD9 and CD11 I've had no lines whatsoever, which is to be expected. When should I expect a faint line to tell me ov is approaching? I'm only using IC OPKs and now I'm wondering if I should get a better one for the first month of tracking ov so I can get a better idea.

I really want to pinpoint it this month, cos my cycles are all over the place and I have no idea how long my lp is.

Help appreciated!!

it can vary, all depends on wen you ovulate that month. last month I had a faint second line for 5 days and then very positive tests for 2 days. How many days is your cycle normally? I hav been using superdrug and boots ones but i find them difficulty to read when they are positive because it has to be as dark as or darker so there is a chance of misreading it. When i think it is posotive i double check with a digital one which you cannnot read incorrectly. Also only dunk or pee on it for the recomended time as i was getting false positives the previous month!!

The day before OV you'll get a sharp LH rise (it doesn't occur gradually from what i understand).

Last edited:
Ok thanks ladies!!

Not sure how long my cycle should be as it's varied from 28 days to 34 days this year.

Started getting faint lines, but because the control line on this type seems to be really light, I can't tell how dark it will get before it's +

These were the last 4 days (CD13,14,15,16 but not in that order in the picture) and then today's.

Attachments

• IMG_20110909_000428.jpg
    IMG_20110909_000428.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20110909_141514.jpg
    IMG_20110909_141514.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics