When should I see a line on opks ?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by lillith112, Feb 8, 2016.

1. lillith112

lillith112 Well-Known Member

Hi there, I'm just wondering when you should start to see any lines on the opks ?. This is my first cycle using them with a 29 day cycle. I'm on cd 10 with no line at all, not even feint ?. I did try them out of curiosity before af and got a feint line. x

2. Lottie Tobe

Lottie Tobe Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, the boots brand I used had faint lines, not sure if it varys between people? Or maybe varys between test types? Sorry, not much help.......alot tests have a toll free helpline...perhaps phone and ask?

3. broody2013

broody2013 Well-Known Member

I hardly ever get 2 OpK lines. It depends on our individual hormone levels, I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes I don't ovulate at all sometimes I miss it but feel it. It's not 100% reliable I'm trying SMEP next cycle so I am not having to worry about lines so much xx

4. SoObsessed

SoObsessed Well-Known Member

I had a very feint line today but I had to really squint to see it. As you know I'm CD10 too and can't really be of much help as I'm also new to it. I do however think that everyone is different. Stick with it I'm sure you'll see a line soon x

5. lillith112

Thanks Lottie, there is a leaflet that came with the tests, I have a different brand as well so might try one later this evening see what I get on that. I know it's still early days but I just wondered when the lines start showing up. Thanks Broody, I'm trying smep this month but I need the opks as have no idea when I ovulate, I've been guessing the days to dtd. Thanks Soobsessed, I will definitely stick to it, let me know how you get on with your opks x

6. SoObsessed

7. Sharcaz

Sharcaz Well-Known Member

I use internet cheapies and almost always get a faint line every time. But that's different for everyone, apparently some women have a hint of LH in their systems all the time, and even men can take the test and get a faint line :) but don't be disheartened that you haven't got one. When it's positive, there's no doubt about it, it's the same strength as the control line! I O'd cd20 last cycle and have O'd cd23 this time, but my cycles are around 31-35 days. Hang in there :) good luck!! xxx

8. lillith112

Aww thanks Sharcaz, I feel a bit more reassured now. Mine are internet cheapies too, I've just done another one and I see a very feint line so hopefully this is the start of it getting darker each day x

9. SoObsessed

Mine are internet cheapies also. Fingers crossed for a darker line tomorrow x

10. Sharcaz

Sharcaz Well-Known Member

No probs lillith! Just a note...might be different for others but mine don't get darker as a positive approaches, it just suddenly goes dark and that's that! :) lots of baby dust to you! Let us know how you get on :dust: xxxx

11. lillith112

Ah ok, that's good to know, thankyou for your help, I'll let you know how I get on through the week x