When is to early ?

Lil miss lee

Reaction score
Me again guys!!

Just wondering what nappies & wipes u guys r buying for baby & baby lotion etc? I'm stuck between adds little angels nappies and Aldi nappies? Then again with Johnstons baby stuff or little angels?

Also when I'm 11-12 weeks is this 2 early to start picking little things like this up?

Thanks again X

I used water wipes and all natural wash for the first 3m.

As for nappies, we used Huggies last time for a while but they dont do these - we will no doubt get a mix in with the weekly shopping. We switched over to Aldi when Jackson was in a much bigger size, so not sure whats the best as NB size but we didnt like tescos, or sainsburys. We used Little Angels or Aldis Mamia. Same with the wipes. The sensitive mamia wipes are fab. I use the perfumed ones myself.

I probably will start collecting stuff like that after my scan at 13w.

We did it last time ended up with not needing to buy nappies wipes or toiletries for a year. If you are FF already too, doesnt help to pick these up fortnightly or when they are on offer if you know which milk your going for.

Every little helps spread the cost, as long as your ok to get stuff in I think 12-13 week is a perfect time.

xxxx

Yeh I used Huggies before and gutted they no longer do them. My youngest is only 3 yet I feel this is all new to me lol. I think I might just pick up a pack of nappies when I'm in Asda & I think il get sensitive wipes to

My little boy is 3 too. But we are using the pullups now.

Yeah. Best to take advantage of the baby events too. Get a mix and see what suits baby.

xxxx

I maybe wouldn't stock up on formula, we wanted to go with sma gold but half way through the second tin it was obvious it wasn't really settling with our LO. We switched to cow and gate and he was loads better. However, the thought of piles and piles of wipes prepared makes me excited! Xxx

If I choose to FF I will be going with the C&G stage 1.

We did go with SMA last time and he got reflux and we had to move formulas.

Should you bulk buy formula, you can keep your receipts and exchange. Asda let us do that we did a straight up switch for C&G :)

xxxx

I love Aldi nappies! The only ones I say are slightly better are pampers maxi dry... But its fractional! I use Aldi sensitive wipes and nappies (pampers up to 12 hours dry at night)

I would wait re formula because all babies take to it different. I bf for 6 months then switched to hipp organic.

Personally I wouldn't stock up on those baby bits until third trimester! I got tonnes of toiletries and bath bits in gift baskets at my shower/from work last time and 1year on i still have tonnes left! The big bits are worth picking up ad you go along in the sales - I'm sure there will be easter and summer sales for us to take advantage of!!

Newborn formula is never on offer as it is against the law. Retailers are not allowed to promote first formula as it is supposedly unethical - our government supports breastfeeding. You won't get nectar points etc. on it either.

I always get aldi or asda nappies, and I buy one tin of cow n gate in case baby does not take to the breast.

If I choose to FF I will be going with the C&G stage 1.

We did go with SMA last time and he got reflux and we had to move formulas.

Should you bulk buy formula, you can keep your receipts and exchange. Asda let us do that we did a straight up switch for C&G :)

xxxx

I'll get cow and gate again too. I ended up asking my mum what I had as a baby and she said cow and gate. Guess it makes sense that we have similar digestive systems! That's good of asda, however every single important receipt manages to disappear in this house so I'd be out of pocket! Xxx

Yeah I didnt get loads and not until the end I think I had like 5 tins of sma gold as aldi used to do them for 8 quid i think, cheaper than asda anyway but then cow and gate worked so much better so its a winner.

I kept all my baby receipts in a shoe box and just paper clipped ones for clothes, ones for like furniture amd stuff. Incase anything broke or didnt fit but we didnt have to change much, just doublers and we had an issue with his swing.

Im a secretary though so things like keeping track comes easy to me.

I dont keep every receipt :lol: just big things and I suspected there sometimes wajustor things you buy and dont set up then go to and it doesnt work like the swing lol.

xxxx

With this being our first baby, we plan on getting a selection of nappies to see what works for us.

Everyone is different in terms of buying. We haven't bought much and we are in our third trimester!

I started buying clothes and slings straight away when I found out pretty much lol.

I haven't bought toiletries really as I'll be using plain water for the first few months, although I may look at getting a gentle babybath (bubblebath) to put in the water now and then. I only use a tiny amount so it doesn't dry out the skin (my 9yr old had really dry skin as a baby and had oat baths a lot... gets it from me lol).
I really don't like Johnsons products at all, the ingredients are worrisome. I'd look for a gentler baby wash, preferably one without SLS & parabens and that uses natural ingredients (eg lavender or chamomile etc) rather than 'parfum' etc.

I'm using reusables and have bought a pack of cheeky wipes (cloth wipes) and a pack of KT Boo cotton wipes (tie dye! lol), some Bummis prefold nappies, Tots Bots Teenyfit nappies, some Grovia newborn nappies, a few Tots Bots/Frugi Easyfits, and some Wonderoos. Oh and 5 Little Lamb size 1 bamboo nappies lol.
I also have some I kept from my last baby that are in my loft, will be getting them down some time next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back