when is the best time of day to do opk test?

MrsCK

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am new to this whole opk testing thing and I was just wondering when is the best time of day to poas??

I am on cd11 of what is usually a 30 day cycle although I had a mc last month so my cycle may be messed up hence the opk testing this month.

I have bought some ic and did a test yesterday cd10 at 4.30pm and another one this morning at 8.15am and both of them were negative, there was no line on either only the control line.

so when is the best time of day to test?

also I notice some people talk about a surge...what is this??

thanks for your help

Charlie x

Last edited:
I don't know if there is a best time bust most opk's say not to use fmu. I last cycle I did mine at lunchtime. The surge is your Lh hormone which opk's detect and you get a positive when you get your surge of it. You might get test lines that are lighter than the control because it's picking up some Lh but when the test line is the same or darker than the control it's picking up the surge. Does that make sense? I'm not very good at explaining things lol x

hi ,really sorry to hear about your mc , when i use opks i start usually cd 9 twice a day then when i start getting faint lines i test 3 times aday just so i dont miss the positive , the times i test are usually 10am , 3pm and then about 9ish , when you get your positive thats your body giving you a surge of the hormone linked with ov , so after your pos opk your likely to ov 12 - 48 hours after , i hope that makes sense if ive missed anything im sure one of the other ladies will cover it good luck fx you get a lovely super sticky bean soon xx

ok thanks ladies that makes sense.

i'll just keep testing 2-3 times a day until I get a dark line that is the same as the control line and then I've got a window of 12-48 hours....right?

Sounds good to me. Fx you get a positive soon x

I would test a couple of times a day not with fmu tho I usually test around 12 - 6 ish I have quite a long surge so never miss it but some woman have a very short surge x

certainly not early morning - even 2nd or 3rd pee of the day gives me false strong lines! lol I find about 11am and about 5-6pm are good for me :)

Exactly as others have said :)

I've been using the clearblue digis the last few cycles and you can use FMU which is so convenient and i always get my smiley in the morning with FMU and then its gone by the afternoon. From what i remember the cheapies say don't use FMU and its best to test around 2pm. I ended up testing 2 or 3 times a day with the cheapies and found it very stressful so am happy with the more pricey clear blues. I must have a very short surge as i've never had more than one smiley. The surge people talk about it the surge in LH (luteinising hormone) that triggers ovulation, as already posted by one of the other girls the average is the surge peaking 12-36 hour before the egg pops hence recommended BDing the day of and the day after the peak to optimise the chance of egg catching! I normally start testing CD10/11 as my ovulation day changes monthly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back