When is it the right time?

LouiseH

Reaction score
When is it the right time to start...

- Eating Pineapple
- Sexing (Doggy for the pressure on cervix)
- Rocking hips or bouncing on birthing ball
- Walking A LOT

Etc? I've been told these things help bring baby down.
Or in the case of sex, help lose your plug and soften cervix?

Been for raspberry leaf capsules, so started taking them (As advised by lady in Holland & Barrat and Midwife). But just wondering what else can I start doing now at 35 and a bit weeks to help?

xxxx

Id probably say leave the bouncing & sexing in that pos til 37 weeks just to be safe, but I wouldve thought the rest would be fine.

Definitely not an expert though, I'm having my first haha!

I was wondering this too!
I've got RLT but haven't take. Any yet as I'm only 34wks-going to check with my MW.
Also got some clary sage radox bath soak... I've been using this for few days as I very much doubt that the amount in it will do anything! And it helps my restless legs soooo much! X x

Tapatalking. X

I didn't start doing anything until I was full term.

I did walk a lot through out my pregnancy though.

I know it's hard not to be inpatient but you really should just enjoy this time as much as you can.

Today is the first time in 6 months I have the day to myself :shock:

xxxxxxx

I agree with Nat. Also babies tend to come when they're ready no matter what you do.

Saying that I walked for at least an hour a day throughout my pregnancy (we have 2 dogs), which I think helped Max get in the right position and kept me fit. I also loved a good bounce on my birthing ball and started using this quite early as it was more comfy to sit on that rather than the sofa. I didn't eat pineapple but we did have sex 2 days before Max was born, not sure if it was a coincidence though, he was born at 37+1 weeks xxx

Didn't realise doggy can bring on baby.... We did it like that this morning as was most comfortable!!! It's been at least a week or more since poor hubby had any as I'm usually asleep or uncomfy...so while in the mood and all that...best be a bit more careful I guess! And iv eaten pinnapple in jelly as a snack as its tasty...again I better stop this !! X

Last edited:
I dont think it will do anything unless baby is ready to come K8 so I wouldnt worry too much.

Its just suppose to help things along.. IF baby & body are ready x

I dont think it will do anything unless baby is ready to come K8 so I wouldnt worry too much.

Its just suppose to help things along.. IF baby & body are ready x

Phew much as I'm impatiant baby needs to wait a few more weeks at least!!!! X

I'm pretty skeptical that any of this makes a difference. I'm sure I read somewhere for pineapple to make an effect you'd need to eat about 20 in one go and that the core contains more of the thing that can trigger labour. But you don't eat the core.

I did absolutely nothing and went into labour on my lmp based due date.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Didn't realise doggy can bring on baby.... We did it like that this morning as was most comfortable!!! It's been at least a week or more since poor hubby had any as I'm usually asleep or uncomfy...so while in the mood and all that...best be a bit more careful I guess! And iv eaten pinnapple in jelly as a snack as its tasty...again I better stop this !! X

I find this most comfortable too, and we're super active still (Like daily sexing) x

I find this most comfortable too, and we're super active still (Like daily sexing) x

Daily!!! Lol I wish I had the energy! We did it last night but haven't for over a week before this!

I find it hard to get 'motivated'! X

Tapatalking. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back