when is everyone starting maternity leave?

loopylou83

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering out of curiosity how soon you are all going on maternity leave! I'm planning to go 5 weeks before my due date (1 week holiday and 4 weeks maternity) then planning to take the 52 weeks so 48 weeks after the birth-if she comes on time- part of me thinks this is early but I work in a nursery with 3 year olds so it involves a lot of getting up and down etc and think I will have had enough by then as I'm already getting sciatica and sleepless nights etc at 22 weeks! X

Ive told my manager today my dates. 1st Sept for 9 months. Shes passed that on to the HR deprtmnt.and told me to just put it in writing along with the MATB form and im done i guess. 8wks and counting xxx

Don't worry honey go when you want!!! Mine officially starts at 29 weeks 23rd August but I leave on the 29th of July and taking holidays.
That's early!!! X

I want to allow myself time to prepare the nursery which i havent started on yet. And i still need to go shopping for other bits xxx

Oh I'm planing to go two and a half weeks before due date. My job does involve lots of standing and moving and carrying a few things so asking for the last few weeks to be more office based to help. I can only take 7 months off (money needed) so want as much time afterwards.

I haven't got a set date arranged yet but I'm going to say about 2-3 weeks before my due date I think! Mainly because I want to keep my wage as high as possible as long as I can as I only get the basic maternity pay package when I leave! But I will go earlier if I struggle, I think they will be quite flexible with me if I need it xxx

I'm going 3 weeks before my due date. Like some others I'm not sure we can afford for me to stay off longer than 9 months so I wanted to make sure I got as long as possible with our little one before/if I go back!

I'm planning to start at 37 weeks but will see how it goes xx

My maternity leave starts on the 25th October (1 week before my due date) but I'm taking 4 days holiday from the monday, so i go on the 21st of october!!

I tell ya ladies... I cant wait!!

xxx

I left work at 32+5. 4 weeks holiday then mat leave from week 37. ;-)

No regrets. Enjoying time to myself n with OH and family xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

I am going at 38 weeks, taking nine months maternity leave and tagging on my 33 days holiday allowance at the end which means I don't have to return to my job at all as that is when my contract ends! I am still trying to decide if I should get another job or just go back to uni to study nursing next year, depends on money and how well I cope with being a mummy I guess! x

I'm starting mat leave at the end of nov (due dec 14th) then ill be going back beginning of feb so will only have approx 8weeks off and bubs will be 6wks when I go back odd comes on time. HOWEVER, I'm a nanny and will only be goin back for four half days a week and will be a case of picking LO up from nursery and looking after him alongside my own so not so bad I guess!! Xx

I'm stopping at 36 weeks but using my leave to work 4 day weeks since 24 weeks. I've been finding full weeks tough since day 1 so it's making a huge difference already. I've even got a couple of 3 day weeks right at the end.

I was planning on hanging on until 38 weeks but have reached 37 weeks today and it will be my last day here, baby is breech and going for a evc next week so want to have a few days relaxing before any chance of baby arriving with us plus I am now struggling with sleep and shattered after a full day at work so I guess it is time. I will be taking 4 months off as I only get SMP.

How did everyone end their Maternity Letter? Did you just put Thank and your name? Or Yours sincerely/faithfully and your name? Xxx

I finished last Thursday at 28 weeks with annual leave. Start my mat leave on 22 July when I'll be 31 weeks. Then having a years mat leave & tagging 20 days hol on the end x

I was planning on hanging on until 38 weeks but have reached 37 weeks today and it will be my last day here, baby is breech and going for a evc next week so want to have a few days relaxing before any chance of baby arriving with us plus I am now struggling with sleep and shattered after a full day at work so I guess it is time. I will be taking 4 months off as I only get SMP.

Wahoo happy maternity leave day!!

I'm leaving on 20th Sep (due 24th Oct) - so will be 35+1 - then have got 1.5 weeks' holiday, and start Mat Leave on 2nd Oct when I'll be 36+6.

And then baby can come the next day when I'm 37 weeks please, and be a 2 hour pain free labour, and come out and breastfeed perfectly, and sleep straight through... :lol:

I'm hoping to get to 36 weeks or later and take my holiday which I've saved (probably about four weeks) and them start mat leave at 40 weeks or so.

Ha Chloe that would be bloody amazing x

I'll be going 5 weeks before my due date - 1 week mat leave, 4 weeks holiday. Last time I left 8 weeks before my due date and LO came a whole month early, so was glad of the 4 weeks I had to relax!!!

I'll be 38+5 days!!! Not sure whether that will go to plan, but that's what I'm thinking at the min. Might have to get my students to push me in a wheelchair around the college, or get a mobility scooter ;) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back