when is everyone getting hospital bag ready ??

Reaction score
I just want to know when is the time to get my hospital bag ready ??

I haven't bought anything for this yet........seems so much to buy x

I'm gonna wait until about 30 weeks Hun can't wait to do this Hun makes it seem even more real x

Prob about 34 weeks il do mine xx

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I havent got it ready but i have brought some of the bits and put them in the bag still in packets etc to keep them all together. I have breast pads , maternity towels, nappies, corton wool squares, nappy sacks, travel change mat, baby clothes, baby hat, feeding bras, horrible button top nightie and thin dressing gown, have some lansinoh somewhere from last time too. Need car park change too but i am a control freek and get lots of comfort that in august /sept about 30 weeks, once back from holidays and bag free again, ill start packing it ready , inlike to know that i dont have to rely on oh in an emergency, all my choice of stuff is there.

Last edited:
Trying to avoid doing it until we've found somewhere to live! Knowing me I'll do it as early as possible and then spend the next few weeks leading up to birth going through it all again and making sure I didn't miss anything and seeing if I can make it all fit in better. I'm a tad OCD about any form of packing :(

Probably around 30 weeks for me, although I have so far been a slow starter with buying and preparing so I may end up being later!

I cheated and ordered a pre packed one for £20 which is being delivered this week so just got to add in baby clothes which I have already washed! Lol x

I like the sound of the pre-packed one! Ill pribably sort mine as soon as im off on maternity x

I'm going to do it early, will try around 30 weeks. With my first baby I left it too late as was admitted to hospital at 37 weeks and then induced at 38 and my OH had to pack all my stuff. The clothes he packed for me where all really tight (even pre pregnancy) tops and all non maternity clothes etc. so I couldn't fit any of the stuff. So it took several trips home for him to get all the stuff I needed...

Doing mine in small bits got some good nighties from primark with buttons in the front for feeding and love George at asda for PJ's bought lovely new sets just need to add toiletries and my kindle, phone charger to bag haven't started the baby bag yet but washing clothes now and again.

I like the sound of the pre-packed one! Ill pribably sort mine as soon as im off on maternity x

My nan bought it for me as a pregnancy present hehe, £20 through bounty.com. I would of had to buy a new bag anyway as I don't have any suitable ones :) x

Everybody's so organised I was going to leave mine until about 34 weeks but I'm thinking. Should do it earlier now. How big is the bag you're putting everything in? Like a weekend bag? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back