When in labour ..

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Bbybump16, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Bbybump16

Bbybump16 Well-Known Member

How do you know when to go in , it's crazy because I've had a baby before but he is 6 and I can't remember a thing , how many minutes apart should you be ?

P.s I'm not in labour I was just lay in bed thinking about it I'm scared ill leave it to late my first I didn't have to much pain till 8cm and was just 6 hours

2. EmiLou123

EmiLou123 Well-Known Member

I know it sounds cliche but you do just know. I went in when the pain became unbearable and the contractions were consistently 2 mins apart. What is the worst that can happen if you go in too early? They send you home! X

tapatalking x

3. lauralou

lauralou Well-Known Member

I think they say when the contractions are close together, like 5 mins apart, but it depends how far away u live to the hospital. I'm literally 5 mind away but as soon as I know I've started il be ringing the labour ward and see what they say x

4. SaraLouise

SaraLouise Well-Known Member

I think I'd do the same, as soon as I know I'm in actual labour I will phone them and let them know, then they can advise me as to when to come in.

At my ante-natal the midwife said that you should phone as soon as your waters break anyway x

5. Bbybump16

Ahhh right , I'm 5 mins away so not bad at all

6. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

My midwife said 4-5 mins apart

7. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

I think you're supposed to phone them when they start and they'll assesses you on the phone. That's what I was told even though I'm home birth, they like to assess everyone before you go in (or not in my case, hopefully)
    X

8. lauralou

lauralou Well-Known Member

My waters didn't break until after my second pethadine shot, hours into the labour! And that was only because I was sick with that much force it burst my waters at the same time haha! X

9. Wilson28

Wilson28 Well-Known Member

oh trust me you will know, mine started off like i needed to poo alot lol, then belly ache on and off, then boom full contractions. I worried loads on when it would and how it would start, my advice is dont stress you will know when the time is here xx

10. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

Just bear in mind the second is quicker and can suprise you.

11. Bbybump16

When I had my first I never had that urge to push or a feeling in my bum :s none of our family does !