When in labour ..

Bbybump16

Reaction score
How do you know when to go in , it's crazy because I've had a baby before but he is 6 and I can't remember a thing , how many minutes apart should you be ?

P.s I'm not in labour I was just lay in bed thinking about it I'm scared ill leave it to late my first I didn't have to much pain till 8cm and was just 6 hours

I know it sounds cliche but you do just know. I went in when the pain became unbearable and the contractions were consistently 2 mins apart. What is the worst that can happen if you go in too early? They send you home! X

tapatalking x

I think they say when the contractions are close together, like 5 mins apart, but it depends how far away u live to the hospital. I'm literally 5 mind away but as soon as I know I've started il be ringing the labour ward and see what they say x

I think I'd do the same, as soon as I know I'm in actual labour I will phone them and let them know, then they can advise me as to when to come in.

At my ante-natal the midwife said that you should phone as soon as your waters break anyway x

Ahhh right , I'm 5 mins away so not bad at all

I think you're supposed to phone them when they start and they'll assesses you on the phone. That's what I was told even though I'm home birth, they like to assess everyone before you go in (or not in my case, hopefully)
X

My waters didn't break until after my second pethadine shot, hours into the labour! And that was only because I was sick with that much force it burst my waters at the same time haha! X

oh trust me you will know, mine started off like i needed to poo alot lol, then belly ache on and off, then boom full contractions. I worried loads on when it would and how it would start, my advice is dont stress you will know when the time is here xx

Just bear in mind the second is quicker and can suprise you.

When I had my first I never had that urge to push or a feeling in my bum :s none of our family does !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back