when I am surposed to see midwife?

Jadie

Reaction score
hi girls, How many time have you seen your midwifes?? I am going for the 16 week scan on monday, to check the spine ect!

but I am surpose to have been to see the local midwife aroung this time too??

I am very confused about whats surpose to happen to me and when!!!

i have only had one blood test so far and no urine samples!!

HAve I missed a appiontment, do the midwifes contact me when its time for a check up?

I have got myself really worried now!!

Hi Jadie, although it varies around the country i think by now you should have seen a midwife. Its no big panic though....have u been booked in yet(got all your notes)? The easiest way to sort all this is to contact your doctors surgery and ask for an appointment with the midwife....do this first thing on monday morning. Its up to you to get these appointments whereas anything to do with the hospital ie scans will automatically come to you. Good luck and let me know how you get on.
Faye xxxxxxxxxx

yes I have been booked in and got my notes, but i dont understand the bit on the back that says when you should have appiontments!!

i have the scan on monday first thing but after that i will ring up the local midwifes.

thanks for your help!

The usual rule is every 4 weeks up to 26 weeks then every 2 weeks up to 36 weeks then every week till birth!!

I have gone from my dating scan/booking appointment and consultants appointment at 11 weeks through to my 20 week scan and haven't seen anybody. I have just been left to get on with it. I have an appointment at 24 weeks which will be my first proper appointment with the midwife. I had my urine and weight done at the 11 week appointment but only my bloods have been tested since then. I guess because I am on number 3 they have just assumed I can look after myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back