When have you most enjoyed being a mummy?

Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by TiffanyJaynexo, Jan 10, 2012.

1. TiffanyJaynexo

TiffanyJaynexo Well-Known Member

Grace is so teeny right now, all she really does is sleep eat and poop, but when she has her 'awake and alert' moments it's really nice, I love talking and singing to her and my OH is absolutely great with her when she's awake. I'm really looking forward to when she's smiling and is more aware of who we are. She definitely recognises our voices as she always looks directly at us when we're talking - She was in my mum's arms earlier and when my OH came in and started talking to my parents, Grace did nothing but stare at her daddy :love: She also looks around for us if we're talking and she can't see us.

So I'm very much looking forward to the bonding we have to come, although I can imagine she'll be a bit of a handful with the increase of energy she'll have! Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy these days because they grow up so quick, yet a lot of people say to me, "Wait until she starts cooing over you, it's wonderful".

When have you most enjoyed being a mum?
    Out of pure curiosity!

2. pringle88

pringle88 Well-Known Member

Ella has just started to give me the biggest smile when she see's me first thing in the morning or if i leave the room and come back to her. melts my heart!! x

3. TiffanyJaynexo

:love: Awwww!
    I cannot wait for that. xxx

4. traci

traci Well-Known Member

I love morning smiles off alice! It's the best thing to get up to. I also love our little "chats" it's just too cute :love:

5. tinks77

tinks77 Well-Known Member

I love how Grace is totally smitten with her daddy! I know she watches me all day when it's just us but as soon as daddy is in the room she is just mesmerised by him :love:

6. Constantstar

Constantstar Well-Known Member

When Owen smiles at me with all that love he makes me so happy and that what I enjoy most :)

7. Sarah13

Sarah13 Well-Known Member

Nothing like getting a big gummy grin every morning! I love it now you get a response nearly every time! My niece is 15 months and super cute, such a cheeky personality so looking forward to that stage too. Must admit Ive loved every minute of being a mummy again this time round, it's made me wonder why I waited 14 years to do it again!

8. spice

spice Well-Known Member

at the moment I'm totally loving the sticking tongue out smiles! it's so cute! i also love to watch my OH and LO interact it's so cute, they just giggle away together! though if both OH and myself are in the room LO wont pay any attention to me!

9. tinytoes

tinytoes Well-Known Member

Such a lovely question ! I Love Lily's little smiles and how excited she gets when I pick her up for a cuddle , love how she holds my hand when I feed her and how pleased with herself she is when she grabs a toy to chew on . With Aoibheann I love how she calls me mammy and says Love you and is so funny ! She does the craziest things and makes me laugh every single day :love: Every minute of it is amazing . Even the stressful what the hell am I doing minutes x

10. littlemiss83

littlemiss83 Well-Known Member

i love the smiles all the time. the first year is so special and every mum will tell u it totally flys in. The baby stage is a very very small part of your child's life (from birth to walking/talking) And then you have the toddler stage which is just as fast as the baby stage, blink & you miss it. Its easy to think....im gonna have a baby forever, but soon enough you'll look back feeling all sad wondering where your baby's gone. I think one of the hardest things about being a mum is watching them grow so quick.

I will also never forget the happyness when my daughter drew her very first smiley face...im actually quite sad just now thinking about it - it feels like so long ago that I cant remember her first smile (which also makes me really sad) but that wee smiley face she drew I will forever remember it

:)

11. Princess81

Princess81 Well-Known Member

Cameron started smiling yesterday which was gorgeous :cloud9: I love when I'm feeding him that he holds my hand or hides his face :love: when he was newborn I just loved marvelling over him and that we'd actually made him and I'm looking forward to the cute stuff to come too x

12. Constantstar

Constantstar Well-Known Member

Today made me love being a mummy, Owen ha a bath with me and we were in there ages! He loved it! He has a thing about jumping when u stand him up and he was splashing around and I put him in water on his back and he splashed and squealed and was so happy and it mad my day and reminded me how much I love being a mum and how much I love him!!

13. ZMD

ZMD Well-Known Member

Theres so many things to love about being a mum i remember those first smiles & first giggles. right now im loving having a very cheeky 14 month old toddler, watching them learn something new each day is amazing xx

14. Jaxx01

Jaxx01 Well-Known Member

I have loved every day of the 3 nearly 4 years Ive been a mummy :) I can honestly say my boys make me soo proud and my eldest Alfie constantly suprises me..to me every single stage has been just as good as the other awww....it really is such an amazing journey xx

15. Alexandra84

Alexandra84 Well-Known Member

When I talk to her and she smiles back and says "agu" lol.

16. Mrs.s

Mrs.s Well-Known Member

I love every minute of it even the super stressful times for example last night LO decided to wale up and scream blue murder so I ended up picking her up and sitting on the sofa with get to calm her down I was so annoyed because I was knackered and wanted to sleep! I was scratching my hand and she started scratching it too and then smiled at me!!!!! At that moment I forgot it was 2am and I was tired and my heart just melted :)

17. TiffanyJaynexo

I find I do that too. Grace was awful to settle last night but even though I was tired and annoyed that it was 4am and I had to be up at 9, she still did something cute which made me smile :) xxx

18. Lettie

Lettie Well-Known Member

I am loving every second and am already sad about how fast its passing and how already I can't remember everything exactly. She started smiling yesterday which is crazily early and o wasn't sure if it was still windy ones but today I filmed it and she reacts totally to my voice and smiles and when Hubby got home tonight she had a smile for him too. Every day she amazes me with her strength and just because babies are incredible. Xx I an so looking forward to her future but equally I wish time would stand still. People told me newborns were boring but she's shot that statement to pieces! Sorry just a little bit smitten! :cloud9:

19. Squeakz

Squeakz Well-Known Member

i love it when joshua laughs...its such a 'dirty' laugh which i know sounds crazy but everyone comments on it! also hes started climbing on things and daddy says 'get down joshy' and he copies him!!!!!!!!!! also when my mum shouts at the dog to get off sofas adn tables and she says 'get down jessy' and he copies her!!

I also love it (this sounds horrid) but if hes sads he always comes and finds mummy and we have big hugs and kisses and its bliss! Hes not really one for hugs etc but when hes sad or tired loves them and i love making him feel better!!!!!1 x

20. Sarah13

Sarah13 Well-Known Member

Arnt those smiles you get when your feeding them (breast or bottle) really cute!