When does first trimester end?

flowers2014

Reaction score
I am very confused by dates and I guess since this is new to me I am going to have a lot of questions.

I realised that the weeks start counting from the first day of the last period. So does the first trimester end with the 12 week scan or soon after?

Also when do people normally start feeling proper pregnancy signs? I am getting funny feelings in my stomach and very slightly sometimes feeling sick but I don't even think it's that much. This is at 4 weeks. I know everyone is different but is there a rough chart?

Lastly, how do people keep from telling anyone by 12 weeks? I mean me and my family and friends get together a lot and have stay overs so if I start puking by then (which I'm not sure I will) then I guess it will be pretty obvious. I am amazed looking back at the people I know who have kids at hw they kept it hidden and showed zero signs lol. :lol:

I'm 7.5 weeks and not puking FYI :)

That's good

I hope I am like that as I have so many things to go to this month and I don't want to start puking lol.

Not everyone gets morning sickness. And I got symptoms around 6-7 weeks I think. I found it hard not to tell people but I'm glad I waited my parents knew from early on xx

I am very confused by dates and I guess since this is new to me I am going to have a lot of questions.

I realised that the weeks start counting from the first day of the last period. So does the first trimester end with the 12 week scan or soon after?

Also when do people normally start feeling proper pregnancy signs? I am getting funny feelings in my stomach and very slightly sometimes feeling sick but I don't even think it's that much. This is at 4 weeks. I know everyone is different but is there a rough chart?

Lastly, how do people keep from telling anyone by 12 weeks? I mean me and my family and friends get together a lot and have stay overs so if I start puking by then (which I'm not sure I will) then I guess it will be pretty obvious. I am amazed looking back at the people I know who have kids at hw they kept it hidden and showed zero signs lol. :lol:

Hi ,

Everybody is different I started off with stomach cramps then sickness came around 6-7 weeks. Different websites say different things about when Trimester 1 ends. I'm going with it ends 12+6 and Trimester 2 starts from 13 weeks.

Thank you. :)

I was feeling pretty much okay apart from the crunching feeling in my lower stomach area which was little.

Until I took the test. Last night I couldn't sleep at all. I could feel the feeling in the lower tummy area and couldn't make myself get to sleep. It's like when you get your period and you're not sure yet but get slight pains then when you go to the loo and confirm the big stomach aches start. Lol.

I'm going with first tri ending at 12+6 as well. We told both parents, oh's sister and my best friend. So nice to have people for support. I've also told my boss and his deputy so that if I have any issues at work they are aware

Congratulations btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back