When do you take your xmas tree down?

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Im taking mine down now as Jakes stuff it taking over the room and the tree is taking up valuable space. I normally take it down after new years and Im gonna miss it on NYE :(

we took ours down yesterday.
we usually leave it longer but not really bothered this year.
it was just something in the way lol
next year will be totally different :dance: :D :D

As soon as kids go back to school, Robbie's baby stuff is everywhere, its sooooo cluttered in my living room i'll be glad to take it down and clean up properly yay! But I normally leave it up for a week after new years day!
xx

Im taking it down tomorrow because its doing my head in

Kimbo said:
we took ours down yesterday.
we usually leave it longer but not really bothered this year.
it was just something in the way lol
next year will be totally different :dance: :D :D

It will my dear ;)

That tree will be hidden out of the way coz Leah will be attacking it an throwing the decorations around..

Me being miserable, and sick of me tree looking bedraggled, took it down the second my bam went to bed christmas day.

I tell you what.

Take heed new mummys

DO NOT PUT A BIG CHRISTMAS TREE UP WITH A YOUNG CHILD.

mine wont be coming down till 12 days after and it was put up on the first of dec, i would leave it up all year lol, i think the house looks so bare when you take them down :(

took mine down yesterday i have this need to keep everything perfectly clean and tidy these days :shock: i vacumn about 3 times a day :oops:

I've just taken mine down as i was fed up of having to redo the tree after Soph pulled everything off it, every single day since it's been up!

we took ours down yesterday normally would keep it til 12 days after xmas but we got sarround sound for xmas so the tree had to come down to make way for that being put in plus all of willows toys were getting in the way.

I want to take mine down but OH won't let me until new years day.......................just want the house back to normal now!

i didnt put mine up this year :oops:
usually tho after xmas it just annoys me and i take it down well before new years.

oh yeah, forgot to say is it true that if u dont take it down within 10 days u hav to keep it up all year or else its bad luck?!

I've just taken mine down :dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: And all the extra christmas tat I had everywhere is away, except the poinsetta which is still on the window.

I might put it in the bin tho....it'll die anyway!! :think:

I'm pleased it's over.

Roll on my birthday.

Misslarue said:
I want to take mine down but OH won't let me until new years day.......................just want the house back to normal now!

Deos he pick the tree up and redecorate after dan destroys...

if its him then leave the tree up..

If its you, SOD HIM

take it down :dance:

We take ours down after NYE.My friend's mum takes hers down Boxing Day,but she leaves up all the outside Christmas lights til about February :shock: and once my gran left the tree up til march-I think she was depressed :lol:

im taking mine down over the next few days.. when i cba.. coz i need room for moses basket..

lozzi said:
Misslarue said:

Deos he pick the tree up and redecorate after dan destroys...

if its him then leave the tree up..

If its you, SOD HIM

take it down :dance:

Lozzi you're spot on.............its me that picks it up. Its coming down!!
To be fair I don't have any decorations on the bottom 2 foot of my tree. I was sick of redecorating it :lol:

mine came down yesterday, nice to have the room back to normal now!

It will stay up until sixth of Jan, as in Spain we celebrate the arrival of the Three Wise Men, who in Spain bring kids their pressies. Tbh, a lot of kids get pressies from both Santa and the Three Kings. Ours have mainly Santa, but a little something on the sixth.
It is really quite a special festivity. on the fifth there is a big parade in every town, city, village with the three wise men arriving, either on horseback or on floats, and all the children go to watch and the pages throw sweeties for them. It's great fun. That evening they put their shoe on the window sill for the kings, and leave something for them to eat and for the camels to eat and the next morning hope to find somehting in their shoe. Not unlike our Santa, really. The tradition says that good children get presents and naughty ones will get coal - so the bakeries sell a sugar concoction which looks like coal. Tastes lovely and every kid gets a bit! (including the big ones) :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back