When do you start giving babies stage 2 milk?

MamaJay

Reaction score
When do you give them stage two. If they're satisfied on stage one do you need to change? My Lo is 5 and a half months. She has two meals a day and the rest milk. Just wondering do i need to swap to stage 2 or is she fine on stage 1?

Last edited:
She's fine on first stage.

2nd stage "hungry baby" milk is harder to digest so not recommended.
Follow on milks have slightly more iron, but you're better sticking with 1st stage and giving iron rich food & a good diet.

My health visitor just said to stay on stage 1 - Caleb had that from 7 months to 1 year and then we switched to cows milk. x

Do you mean stage 2 as in toddler milk? If so then you can switch from 6 months, there is limited difference between the two I believe - I think the main difference is vitamin d, but it's been awhile since I last used formula so you'd need to double check that

My lg stayed on stage 1 until we switched to cows milk at 12 months. Unless they're unsatisfied, there's no need to switch them. If she's hungry, I'd try more food than change her milk. Changing milk can be quite upsetting for their tummies.

My hv said we could stay on stage 1 if we wished to, but I swapped to stage 2 at 6 months and Luca's thriving on it xx

As long as they're having 500ml a day (about 3 6oz bottles) there's no need to switch. This amount gives them all the vitamins they need, including iron. Anything less than this amount can be topped up with vitamin drops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back