When do you start buying things?!

bbee

Reaction score
I am so excited and I see all these adorable baby clothes and I just want to buy everything!!!!! I'm thirteen weeks so I know it's early to be buying things but I want to hehe! When Should I? Lol xxxx

Its entirely up to you. Some buy early some buy late.

Our first ever purchase was our cot which is when i was around 10 weeks pregnant, and by 14 weeks we had a moses basket, baby bath and lots of little bits like muslim squares etc (gifts) and then we brought small bits for a few weeks. Once we hit 20 weeks and had the scan we brought lots of clothes and pram etc :)

But some people buy even later than 20 weeks:)

I bought my pram at 12 weeks, cot around 22 weeks the rest I bought in between and anytime I saw a bargain

If your comfortable in yourself that the pregnancy will continue to full term then buy whenever you want x

I've been buying bits all the way through, do what feels right :) I can't resist bargains and my local mothercare shutdown when I was about 10-11 weeks so me and my mum went abit crazy buying neutral clothes and a pram and cot :p I'm not the best with money though so finding its best to buy gradually for me or else I'll never be able to afford it all! Xxx

aw hehe, well i think i will have to start buying a few bits and bobs lol xx

I started at 16 weeks when we had our sexing scan, I got a few bits of clothes, blankets etc. as soon as we had 20 weeks scan we went mad and got bigger things like nursery furniture, bouncers etc. Then orderd pram 2 weeks ago. I spread it out on purpose though as thought I'd get bored once id bought everything. It's nice starting early though as you can pick up pretty much everything in a sale :)

I started at 16 weeks when we had our sexing scan, I got a few bits of clothes, blankets etc. as soon as we had 20 weeks scan we went mad and got bigger things like nursery furniture, bouncers etc. Then orderd pram 2 weeks ago. I spread it out on purpose though as thought I'd get bored once id bought everything. It's nice starting early though as you can pick up pretty much everything in a sale :)

Ooo i am desperate to find out the sex of my little bean! how much would it cost if i asked to find out at sixteen weeks?!xx

We also started from after our 12 week scan. Have now brought a mixture of some big bits (nursery furniture and pram) and quite a few little bits (baby grows, bibs, hats, baby bath bits). We're planning on finding out sex of baby if we can at 20 week scan so will then start buying the rest gender specific. If you see a good bargain don't miss out!! Enjoy the baby shopping xx

My parents offered to buy our cot bed (they did this for my older sister last year) and I just happened to be looking on the Mothercare website and found a really good offer (£150 for cotbed and the mattress) so we bought that at about 8/9 weeks. Moses basket around a week after. Few bits of clothing hear and there cause I'd fallen in love with it.

I think it is just what feels right to you and when you find something you really love and can't say no to it lol. Also, it depends on how much space you've got to store it.

Last edited:
Cot bed was bought at 13wks as it was in the Mothercare Jan sale!
Pram was bought by about 20wks, again it was a bargain!

My mum was buying clothes fro, about 10wks lol before she even new i was having a boy.. I just got bits as i went along as there has been a few baby events in the shops!

Do what feels comfortable for u hun xx

I started looking at 20wks and buying at 24/25wks. x

Ooo i am desperate to find out the sex of my little bean! how much would it cost if i asked to find out at sixteen weeks?!xx

I had a gender scan at 17 weeks and was £79 at baby bond xxx

I started buying stuff at 5 weeks !!! Very early I know but I couldn't help myself! No harm in picking up a few little outfits if u want to :)

gonna have to start buying a few bits and bobs then lol, ive had to force myself out of buying cute little booties and babygrows!x

I think your fine to start buying things from now. I didn't buy anything until I was past the 20 week stage but as soon as I'd had 12 week scan I made lists and saved everything I wanted so I was all prepared! It was so much fun! Xx

I had a gender scan at 17 weeks and was £79 at baby bond xxx

I paid £40 for mine, but it was on offer from £60. That is the pic in my avatar thing. It was amazing. Then they double confirmed it at our 20 week scan too.

Last time I think we started to buy things when I was around 32 weeks. I thought I was prepared with the clothes as after I got to that point I thought she'd be a reasonable size... didn't count on her having IUGR so we had to buy a whole load of teeny weeny baby clothes after she was born!!! The 0-3 month stuff was absolutely massive and didn't fit her until she was about 5-6 months old!

This time round we have a lot of stuff already, so hopefully don't need to buy too much. I probably will buy things around the same point though.

I'm quite lucky in that my parents are buying me a moses basket and a cotbed and they have already started putting together a massive basket of nappies, wipes etc etc.

I bought my first item this weekend - got a newborn 10 piece clothing set, going to put some of it in my hospital bag. I have also been offered a brand new unused Avent bottle sterilser for £8(!) so going to pick that up next week :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back