When do we get results of sperm sample?

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by MissJuly10, Feb 15, 2012.

1. MissJuly10

MissJuly10 Well-Known Member

Can we call before next appointment/next sample is due?

I have my consultant's P.A.'s e-mail address and wondered whether I could just e-mail and DH isn't sure whether he can phone them directly.

Or will they not give them to us over the phone?

x

2. Kay Kay

Kay Kay Well-Known Member

Get DH to just phone anyway, no harm in trying x

3. MissJuly10

Hmm I suppose so. I'll tell him when he's home from work. :) x

4. maybe baby

maybe baby Well-Known Member

The testing on the sample has to be done within a couple of hours your consultant and gp will both be sent the results.:)

Xx

5. charliebear

charliebear Well-Known Member

We were allowed to ring after a week for the results. (hospital had to send them to GP)

6. kirstymichelle

kirstymichelle Well-Known Member

FX they're all good MissJ x x x

7. MissJuly10

Thanks girls, will give them a call asap. DH been putting it off cos he's terrified there might be something wrong.

I didn't realise my GP would get the results as when I asked for my blood results they told me they wouldn't have them as it was requested by the hospital so results would be there. Then again, after some pestering, the GP just had to log in to something and there they were! :dohh:

Thanks again. :)

x x

8. DaisyPurple

DaisyPurple Well-Known Member

Hiya hun, when my DH was waiting for his results, we were told to call the gp after a week, so we patiently waited a week, no results, a second week, no results, after 3 weeks of asking I rang the fertility clinic at the hospital who apologised and told me they would FAX them.over to our GP, they had been misplaced and forgotten to FAX over, anyway she also told me that they don't give results out but they get them back the same day (obviously lol), it may be worth hubby calling the clinic to check if they have been faxed over yet, also my hubby was the same, didn't want to call, I had to call even though they wouldn't give me results, they would confirm they had recieved them, and I asked if they could print them off and hubby could collect on way home. Hope this helps xx good luck by the wayxx

9. nicky1987

nicky1987 Well-Known Member

fingers crossed everything is ok xxxx