When do they..

Leah04x

Reaction score
Start to feed themselves a bottle?

Not that I'm in a rush for it to happen because its the only thing keeping him 'baby like' now haha. But he doesn't even attempt to hold it himself.

Also should he be able to feed himself with a spoon? I let him try all the time but just tips it upside down and doesn't even bother trying to get it near/in his mouth.

Xx

B started holding his bottle at 8 months (I remember this clearly as it was the day after he had cranial osteopathy) and he's only just feeding himself with a spoon now at 1 year but its messy! My friends lo is 20 months and still won't feed himself a bottle but will drink from a bottle with a straw.

My lo is 7 months and tries to hold his bottle himself but he normally ends up with the milk all over him. He does grab the spoon when im feeding him but cant get food to his mouth with it yet. I find it is a lot less messy if i just do it lol!

Thanks girls!

He could feed himself a bottle if he wanted to, he just chooses not to! Lol lazy little boy. But when it comes to feeding himself with a spoon, there's not much co-ordination there at all! I end up taking over as he's putting it in his hair etc. I dunno if he does it on purpose to wind me up or what?! But that's the new phase - whether it's on a spoon or blw, he rubs EVERYTHING into his hair!!

I know at about 12 months you're supposed to switch them from bottle to sippy type cup for their milk. Ethan uses a free flow sippy cup fine for juice but only little amounts throughout the day and I don't see him drinking a big amount of milk from it! We're still 8 weeks off so I'm hoping things will change by then lol

Xx

Jack never fed himself from a bottle and i took it away at 18mths! I loved it though because we had lively snuggles before bed and he still felt like my baby :) He drinks a beaker full of milk before bed fine now the little monkey!!

He refuses to feed himself (he's 2) but has major food issues due to tongue tie so we'll tackle that one whn he's had his surgery.

Harry tries to hold his bottle now (4.5mths), he's so different to his Brother that I don't think it'll be long before he can do it himself x

Jack never fed himself from a bottle and i took it away at 18mths! I loved it though because we had lively snuggles before bed and he still felt like my baby :) He drinks a beaker full of milk before bed fine now the little monkey!!

He refuses to feed himself (he's 2) but has major food issues due to tongue tie so we'll tackle that one whn he's had his surgery.

Harry tries to hold his bottle now (4.5mths), he's so different to his Brother that I don't think it'll be long before he can do it himself x

My wee fella is the same! He's four months and trying to grab the bottle himself. We've started weaning and he has absolutely no interest in baby rice or porridge but loves putting the spoon in his mouth! He's always been really independent, doesn't like being held for long periods and learns how to play with toys by picking them up himself. He hates his toys being held for him!

My LO never really did try to feed herself the bottle but would happily drink from a sippy cup by herself?? Think she was just being lazy and preferred me to do it lol xxx

My wee fella is the same! He's four months and trying to grab the bottle himself. We've started weaning and he has absolutely no interest in baby rice or porridge but loves putting the spoon in his mouth! He's always been really independent, doesn't like being held for long periods and learns how to play with toys by picking them up himself. He hates his toys being held for him!

Harry makes a grab for whatever we're hilding and shoves it in his mouth lol x

Freya never tries to take the bottle off me. She happily sits on my knee and lets me give her her bobo

But if I put the bottle on the floor she will pick it up and try to put it in her mouth. I love feeding her the bottle. Lovely cuddles! X

Sol didnt hold his bottle for ages, an still even now, he struggles to remember to tip it, but drinks out of everything else fine and tips it. I put it down to the fact he was breastfed for 10 months so took longer for him to get to grips with a bottle x

Mia still doesn't hold her own bottle, I think she's just happy for me to! She doesn't feed herself with a spoon either, just plays with it or flicks food everywhere. I wouldn't worry they will do it when they're ready and they develop at different rates. Mia has only just crawled! X

My eldest never took a bottle herself, she drinks out of her beaker herself though and has her milk in that. As for eating with cutlery themselves she did it properly at 13 months but even now she might choose to use her fingers for pasta etc

Toby can hold his own bottle, but with closed fists the nutter. He prefers me to hold it and he feeds better that way.

He's not self feeding yet as I'm worried about the mess ha ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back