when do i start?

YoungMummy

Reaction score
:wave:

well im pregnant, not thinkin about buyin stuff but when do you start buying stuff? whens it 2 early n when do u start im all confused help please x

:hug:

its entirely up to you!!! i waited until after my 20week scan but i havent really bought much, just when ever feels right for you

I recommend the upcoming sales! I found out I was pregnant this time last year, I was 6 weeks by this point, and I got some real bargains. Especially winter clothes, so get a few wintery things in size 3-6 months. Also check out boots, they have good sales on, well at least the big one in birmingham did for me last year, I got a bouncer, changing mat and something else I can't remember for 1/3 of what they were meant to cost.

Erm.

Otherwise, we waited until 20 odd weeks to buy the travel system but that's just when we found the one we wanted and found it on ebay at a bargain price... we wouldn't have minded waiting longer but it had to be bought at some point so then was as good a time as any.

Just get bits as you go along so that you don't get lumbered with a big bill all at once. Don't get too many newborn size nappies as they aren't in them for that long.

Good luck with your pregnancy x

I waited till after my 20 week scan with the others

its up to you, start now if u want to!
i waited til after my 12-week scan, but thats just me. :)

Do what ever feels right for you hun - I waited until after my scan I had done privately (at that point my hospital had stopped doing the 20 week scans :roll: They do them again now tho thank goodness) I agree with Leckershell - sales are a brill idea as when you have to get so much it is sooo expensive - worth trying to get most items at bargain price!

we got the pram at 5 weeks.. lol..and then waitied a bit.. and got little by little.. we havent actually got that much stuff this time.. coz we know people go nuts and buy u loads

with my 1st i started at 12 weeks and with my 2nd i started at 20 weeks to find out the sex because we had a lot of neutral things from first baby

I agree getting as much in the sales! And E-bay lol, I got some super bargains, I didn't find out our baby's sex so I couldn't buy much anyway!
P.s my baby is 6 weeks old, and he's already outgrown all his clothes, only get the bare essentials for a new baby, as they will never benefit from too much too young! They grow soooo quick!
And get people to buy bigger sizes!
Maybe you could get things like nappies and wipes now as you can never have too many!
But remember if your baby is born in the summer, you'll need summer clothing and there's not many round at the moment lol, its all wooly jumpers! :D

Nicola

i started in the january sales when i was about 6 weeks. i bought the cot and pram after my 12 week scan but thats only becus thats how long it took for me to save up the money. if you dnt want to start buyin yet you could always open a savings account and put any money you would normally spend on baby stuff in there and then go for a big shop when you feel you want to.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back