when do I get a scan date?

ceriannbrown

Reaction score
Hi girlies.

PLEASE HELP.

this thursday I will be 11 weeks pregnant.

My midwife appt was late because they forgot to phone me or something. I saw her at 10 weeks (last week wednesday)

she said to wait for a letter with a scan date...

I need to arrange cover for when i am off work for it and more importantly - I need peace of mind!! the scan will put some of my stresses at ease.

when did you guys get your scan dates? am I just being impatient? tomorrow it will be a week since mu first midwife visit. I just think they don't do much to keep you calm and organised.

Thanks,

I received a letter a few days after my booking appointment at eight weeks x

I received a letter a few days after my booking appointment at eight weeks x

wow really? what are my doctors playing at then? i didnt even get a midwife until 10 weeks. i have a lot going on atm and cant really be chasing them every stage of the pregnancy :'(

My midwife rang the hospital at my first booking appointment and I got a date and time there and then.

My mw saw me early at 8wks roughly but she said its normally around 10wks here. She then phoned me the next day to tell me the scan date and the letter arrived from hosp a few days later. Just had it yesterday at 13 wks.

I wud defo ring up and chase them up hun. Its very bad that they arent keeping on top of it for you.

Michelle. x

so I am reading the paperwork and she has put that the dating scan is between 11-14 weeks.
I will be 11 weeks tomorrow so would appreciate them letting me know, and also.. the difference between 11 weeks and 14 weeks is huge. That's a potential 3 extra weeks worrying.
I find all of this pretty annoying :(

I would give them a call. They usually get it as close to 12 weeks as possible. Nuchal fold usually can't be checked until after 11+3. But as they forgot you with booking appointment, best to chase up.

Yeah I would give them a call too. Don't worry, I'm not having my booking appointment (first one) with midwife til Friday when I'm 10 weeks too, so I'll probably be late scanner too.

I'd call them anyway and say you haven't heard anything and you have some concerns so want a scan asap.

xx

My MW sent a letter off to the hospital asking them to arrange my appointment at my first appointment (I was 9 wks), and I got a date that week from the hospital. I would be phoning them to chase them up!

I had my midwife appointment on the Tuesday when I was 9+4 and got my letter the following Saturday when I was ten weeks and my scan would have been when I was 12+4. All that's out the window now though and I'm having a reassurance scan this afternoon due to bleeding :/ Def call them!! Sounds like they need kick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back