When do I buy nursing bras?

mustard

Reaction score
Different web pages say everything from beginning of Tri3 to 38 weeks or as late as possible. Any advice don't want to leave it too late as it will get harder to get into town to get them as I get bigger and don't want to go into labour without them but I don't want them to be too small.

Idk hun, but great thread as have been wondering the same thing! x

Hmm I have no idea I just thought I'd send OH to mothercare with my measurements when he's born

I've already got one! It's a maternity/nursing bra from Mothercare. The lady there measured me and then said it's best to go up a cup AND band size. I was 34B before so she suggested I go for 36C. Not worn it yet though

Oh well that is reassuring that other people are as clueless as me, hopefully someone will give us all an answer soon. Pinky if I sent my OH I would probably end up with an A cup wonderbra or something equally wrong, I don't think I'll risk it.

I was told by the mothercare assistant to buy them two weeks before my due date.
Had a bargain too had £105 worth of bras from mamas n papas for £15!!!!

I've already got one! It's a maternity/nursing bra from Mothercare. The lady there measured me and then said it's best to go up a cup AND band size. I was 34B before so she suggested I go for 36C. Not worn it yet though

I've already changed bra size 3 times since start of pregnancy and by a lot more than one band and cup size :shock:

I've already changed bra size 3 times since start of pregnancy and by a lot more than one band and cup size :shock:

I wish my boobies grew a bit more :(

I reckon you should go get them 3 weeks before your due date. That should be sufficient time. If you can't be arsed to go and get them - there's always online shopping ;)

I was told by the mothercare assistant to buy them two weeks before my due date.
Had a bargain too had £105 worth of bras from mamas n papas for £15!!!!

I was told the same - 2 weeks before due date :)

I when into labour 6days early and didn't have one, my boobs only when from a 32c to a 34c through pregnancy and didn't grow until after he arrived. I had him Tuesday and i woke on the Thursday morning and my bras were tight i went to debenhams got measured and I'm a 34Dd. :-O i was shocked! I would leave it until lo arrives if u can or possibly expect to out grow any you buy in advance xx

I've already got mine in the January sales. They are so comfy. Hopefully my bb's won't grow too much when chip is born as I think they have a little bit of give in them just in case ;)

I tried some bras on in mother care today as the ones I bought a few months back are too tight now. Started as a 34a, am currently in a 34 c, tried a 34 d and it didn't fit... :(. Can't believe I have grown so much! Eeekkk! Think i should probably get measured properly as don't really know what size I am any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back