When do baby's develop a pattern?

Blueclass

Reaction score
Hi just a quick question, at how many weeks are you meant to notice a pattern on your baby's movements. I will be 26 weeks on friday and have not noticed a pattern. Also when are you meant to count the kicks? Do you do this by counting 12 movements and see how long it takes then you go by this. Meh it's al so confusing x

Best place for everything you need to know is count the kicks website or Facebook page. Invaluable info on there. And rules out all the myths of 10 kicks a day ext. Really reccomend it :) x

She had a definite pattern from about 16 weeks - couple of hours wriggling at 11am, and then again at 7pmish. Last couple of weeks there doesn't seem to be a pattern anymore, and she's awake at random times. I don't know why there'd be a change, or whether that's normal. She has also been less active - but still moving - the past two days

Have a looks at kickscount they explain what you should be looking for. You do not go by say 10 movements every baby is different and moves a different amount I bought a wrist band so I can make sure I'm not missing or forgetting about movement at the moment I'm having around 7 blocks of movement a day

Best place for everything you need to know is count the kicks website or Facebook page. Invaluable info on there. And rules out all the myths of 10 kicks a day ext. Really reccomend it :) x

As heather said, don't count, they've changed their name to kicks count now. But defo recommend reading all the info in there.xx

I have had a consistent amount of movement from 16 weeks apart from the odd day where a little quieter or haven't notived as bene busy. My Oh made me a spreadsheet to log down the movements to help establish a routine which has come in very handy.

Thanks guys I will definitely have a read up tonight. I'm also going to make a not from now on to see if I can notice a pattern x

I haven't really noticed a pattern.

Baby tends to be active around mid morning (10ish) especially on days when I don't wake up til around 9-10am lol (If I'm not going out I have a bad habit of lying in bed for a while, it's usually during this time that baby starts jumping).

Also, if I stay up really late, baby gets active after 11pm and well into the night like 3/4am if I'm awake I'm aware baby is active at that time. I'm guessing on nights I go to bed at a sensible time they still wake up and get wriggling at that time I'm just not aware of it.

During the day it really varies though, at random times during the afternoon or evening they will have a wriggle or kick etc but it varies what time and sometimes they will be jumping about every few minutes for ages, other times I only feel one or two movements then nothing for an hour or two, then it'll do it again.

I installed a count the kicks type app on my phone just over a week ago after the baby had a couple of "quiet" days, but the movements are so random atm I've only recorded them about twice. Other times I'm preoccupied or in the middle of doing something (watching tv or playing a game with the kids) so I don't bother getting my phone out and logging it.

I think though it had just changed position so it was facing inwards and movement was being cushioned as in the last 5 days it's been pretty active again.

Last edited:
I didn't know there was an app going to look at tat right now xx

I got an app called kick me. And it does help to establish a pattern .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back