When do babies have to be head down usually?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by babybo, Feb 17, 2012.

1. babybo

babybo Well-Known Member

Only reason I'm asking is little minx has had her feet down for weeks!! Infect I don't think she's ever moved from the position she's in as I always feel her kicks on my knicker line.
    I know I've ages offf yet before she arrives but was just wondering when she may turn? X

2. Mrs.s

Mrs.s Well-Known Member

My little lady is in the same position I'm quite nervous because I can only remember my LO being head down so I'm worrying about this!

Last time I got a birthing ball and I sat on that most of the time from about 28 weeks I'm picking it up from the friend I lent it to today so hoping have sit & Bounce on that will turn her round!

3. Elfs Mummy

Elfs Mummy Well-Known Member

M didn't change position from 30 weeks stayed bum down x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

4. Maria1977

Maria1977 Well-Known Member

I remember DS being head down from at least 26 weeks, I had an antenatal check then and doc said he was head down. This one is kicking me very low so am assuming she is feet down atm. But having said that I get kicks/hits on my sides too so she is probably still small enough to be moving round quite a bit and hasn't settled into a position yet.

But don't worry, some babies are head down throughout then turn breech right at the last minute, others are breech throughout and then turn at the last minute.

Most babies get it right in the end though... I hope lol

5. babybo

babybo Well-Known Member

Thanx girls. I've got my next MW appt on Wednesday so I'll ask then too. I'm not phased by it. If I have to have a section to get her out I wil. There is absolutely no way I'm delivering breach!! Lol xx

6. BellaRiven

BellaRiven Well-Known Member

Mr Bug is feet down too, occasionally I think he punches me because I can feel it just above my belly button but it is mostly in the knicker line region, really hoping he turns!!

Hope your doing alright other than that Babybo xxx

7. weefoggy

weefoggy Well-Known Member

Hi Babybo, I had a midwife appt yesterday and she is pretty sure my LO is breech, she said they will monitor and if it is still the same at 36 they will offer to try and turn baby externally, they give you an injection and then try and turn - this is optional. If that doesn't work then I will be opting for a c- section just to make sure everything is ok with LO. However midwife says it is highly likely baby will turn itself over the next few weeks.

8. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

I haven't a clue where this little one is positioned,some days I get low kicks and some days I get high kicks,obviously got a wriggler x

9. lyndsey_28

lyndsey_28 Well-Known Member

i hope ur little ones manage to turn "babybo and bellariven" as i heard the turning thing is not very nice and that they can turn back within hours to the position they like :shakehead: fingers crossed they go head down, although im not sure whn they are expected to be head down, as mine have always been head down from 20 weeks lol

but im sure they will keep an eye on you :) xxx

10. Kirsty.Y.84

Kirsty.Y.84 Well-Known Member

I have no idea how mine is laying. I often feel small kicks down near my pubic region but normally the kicks are just below my belly button, normally centre or left and rarely right! x

11. steffy

steffy Well-Known Member

Ive also been feeling kicks down below!! Went for 4d scan today and she is breech. Hoping she will move over the next few weeks xx

12. babyelmo

babyelmo Well-Known Member

I've been wondering the same thing! My dd went head down and stayed down around 27 weeks. This little pickle likes roll around, he seems to stay transverse during the day when I'm active, but when I sit down in the evening I feel him roll about then get huge feet kicks up high! He's a real fidget! We saw him doing this on the scan, he just can't make up his mind how he wants to be! I hope he makes his mind up soon though, as much as I truly love all his kicking, the roly-poly's are starting to get uncomfortable!!