When did you stop?

Lols82

Reaction score
Using alarms / sleep mats on your baby? My boys turn 1 in just under 2 weeks and I'm starting to think if I should stop putting their alarms on them now xx

I used one with my LG and loved it it just gave me piece of mind but at the same she wasn't a great sleeper so I was up a few times anyway. At about 10 months we had a horrible time with sleep so she came into our bed for a while and eventually went into her travel cot rather than her wooden one as she seemed to settle better in it. I had thought I couldn't use the mat but it didn't bother me too much as I was up a couple of times a night anyway however, this past month she has started sleeping so much better and I often wake with a fright at 4. 30/5 wondering why she hasn't woke. I discovered a couple of days ago her travel cot does have a hole the wire could go through son in going to use it again until I get used to her sleeping through. I'll probably try and get rid when she's 2, she's 19m now

I still use ours on our angelcare monitor but more out of habit than anything, my lo is 16 months. When we stay elsewhere we don't use it, just the monitor part x

Stop when your comfortable stopping. Iv never used one baby is 6m I didn't think I could use it with my crib. Turns out other people have and say it works. I might use it when she goes in her big cot and her own room.

I used one with my son until he was about 2.5, and my daughter had one for 10 months and then stopped. We can hear them.. that's the listening monitor. As for the mat we stopped after a few months with my son and didn't bother at all with my daughter.

Last edited:
I still use the monitor and LO is 18months however, we removed the sensor mat when he was around 10months I think. He started to move around too much and pull himself up in the morning and kept setting it off!x

It's the snuza alarms I use for my boys who turn 1 next week. They have went off a good few times recently (false alarms) as my boys are more active and their nappies pull back more from the skin with their rolling about in their sleep setting them off. I've wondered a few times if it's time to stop with them.

I've no plans to stop using my monitor anytime soon.

Last edited:
I never used one with either.

It's only on this forum they are a 'thing' if you know what I mean?

X

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I never used one with either.

It's only on this forum they are a 'thing' if you know what I mean?

X

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah I used them as I was really paranoid when they were first born. I think I'm ok with that now and one of my boys has taken to sleeping on his tummy so don't want it being uncomfortable for him.

We stopped at about 6/7 months as he would wriggle off the mat & scare the life out of us! Just have audio now for when we are out of the room. He still sleeps in our room x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back