When did you start to notice a change in your stomach?

HeatherMariee

Reaction score
I'm 17 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I'm not showing at all yet. I have an extremely flat stomach, and I don't see any real change. My hip bones don't seem as prominent, and it takes more effort to suck my stomach in. In the morning, aside from the past week, I've woken up looking like I did before I got pregnant, and even now, I feel like I probably just ate too much the night before. I'm also smaller than every other person's 17 week photo that I've seen. I only even look a little pregnant at night. I still fit in my size 0 pants no problem. I thought I would how sooner being so tiny? Is this normal? When did you notice the first changes?

Everyone is different hun, I showed early and had a definite bump at 17 weeks, but I know lots of others on here haven't had a bump at that point. You should start to feel baby move soon do that should reassure you. To be honest, I'd rather have a small bump, at least there's less chance of stretch marks! x

again im not help to you either showed quite early but as long as bubs is ok then i wouldnt worry about bump itll pop out all of a sudden x

I showed early too, with a bloat from about 5 weeks and a bump from about 11 weeks. Everyone is different, particularly if you are tall. Dont worry, you'll pop soon. xx

I'm 22 weeks and still pretty small hun. Me and OH did worry a bit at the 20 week scan as everyone in the waiting area seemed to be at least double my size. But Peanut was perfect in size and bang on his dates, so it just shows everyone carries differently. It wouldn't surprise me if mine was nuzzled towards my back as I have been suffering with my back and I keep getting pains down my left bum cheek. To start with it got me down but now it makes me laugh when people look at me and then find out how far along I am, the shock is funny. But if I was really big they'd also be commenting so you can't win :) xxx

Last edited:
I'm nearly sixteen weeks and I have a lil bump going on. My OH has been saying I've had a lilbump for nearly 2 weeks but I can only jus see it myself recently. A couple of people have commented on it now too. I know my shape is definetly changing because hardly any of my trousers fit any more! My work trousers cut me in half practically! Everyone is so different though and people show at different times and carry differently too.

XX

I'm exactly the same. I have barely ANYTHING there compared to other ladies. I'm not too worried though, I know everything's ok with baby and I'll pop out when my body feels it needs to :). Most people don't even know I'm pregnant unless I tell them, and even then they think I'm joking most of the time. Just enjoy having your nice little tum before you 'pop' :D

Make a pregnancy ticker

i had this worry a few weeks ago!! it was getting me in a right mess cause i was just so upset that i didnt have a bump. then i literally woke up one day and there was one there. im nearly 22 weeks now and just started to show about 2 weeks ago. dont worry about it. just cause you arent showing doesnt mean theres anything wrong. xx

I had no bump at all till about 28 weeks, people only started to notice i am pregnant in past couple of weeks, some people just hide it well :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back