When did you start getting morning sickness?

kumber

Reaction score
I didn't have morning sickness with either of my boys so this level of feeling sick this early is totally new to me, particularly because I've never found out this early before! At how many weeks did your sickness start please?

First time round around 10 weeks and in the afternoon. This time round it was how I knew I was pregnant, started at 5 weeks. There's a fine line between nausea and hunger though I find x

About six weeks but I have nothing to compare it to as this is my first x

Excellent, plenty of time for it to arrive then. Yippee :shock: :wall2:

I didn't have any sickness or nausea with my son but second pregnancy I had mild nausea between 6 and 9 weeks. And I had a girl!

I don't think I'm as bad as I was with my last pregnancy but I do know what makes my nausea worse and how to avoid it (eat fruit and bread!) The first time around I was clueless and would head off to work without breakfast.

I'm worse mid morning 09am 11am and then around tea time.

Last edited:
Mine started about 7 weeks and ended about 13/14 weeks. :)

Thanks all, hopefully it stays away!

I was a late bloomer to the morning sickness, kicked off about 8weeks in. Im now 11 weeks and still retching everyday. Painful!

My morning sickness has really kicked in over the last few days. That or I've got a horrible on/off stomach bug. I'm not really sure how far along I am though, as there has been some confusion. I think I'm about seven weeks ish... maybe.
Anyhoo, sea sickness acupressure wrist bands help a bit. The smell of mint tea seems to be settling. I'm just trying the ginger biscuits thing, but I've never really liked them.
With my previous pregnancy I did get a bit sick, but I don't remember feeling this rough.

My sickness has literally just started today and OMG it hit me like a brick! Literally 2 seconds of warning and a mad dash up the stairs to the bathroom. I had just said to my partner yesterday that I was a bit worried I hadn't experienced it yet (I'm 7 + 3) so I think I jinxed myself lol!

Does anyone have any tips to help ease this? All suggestions are very welcome!!

I think ginger biscuits and travel sickness bands help :)

I'll second the sea sickness bands and ginger biscuits. Also a few mint leaves in warm water is good for settling a churning stomach. And eat little and often, rather than big meals.

These all help, but I've still spent the past few mornings dry-heaving in the shower. Hope yours isn't so bad.

I've just had a meeting at work where I didn't drink the tea that was made for me. The poor bloke said, didn't you like the tea? I had to stop myself saying - "No, I took one sip and it made me want to vomit!"

Started around 7-8 weeks and was 5+ times per day until about 16 weeks and has started to trail off since, but hasn't completely gone away (20 weeks this week and I am probably sick twice a week now). xx

P.S a bit like you, until I had the sickness, I was all "why am I not getting sickness?" and my god never has the expression "be careful what you wish for" been more appropriate!

Ohh god no, I don't wish for sickness at all! I just didn't know when it started as I've found out much earlier this time around that I'm pregnant. With my boys I was nearly 8 weeks!

Mine started at about 6 weeks, and I still feel it about once or twice a week now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back