When did you see your midwife?

Slb24

Reaction score
Hey,

I've just phoned my doctors to see if I needed to see my GP or take a urine sample in to confirm my pregnancy. The receptionist said no and gave me an appointment with the midwife tomorrow at 9!

I was a bit shocked so just said yes. Now I'm thinking it's too soon. I will be 4 weeks tomorrow. I've had 3 early losses so I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not.

Do you think if I see the midwife she will offer me anything to reassure me? Such as have my hcg levels checked etc.

I already have a reassurance scan available at 6-7 weeks through my consultant (recurrent MCs).

I decided yesterday that I feel positive (obviously nervous) and I will treat this pregnancy as if I haven't had 3 losses. I want to enjoy every moment and not be held back by fear. This will be my last baby if all goes well. My partner only wants two.. Boo! Lol. My consultant said in most cases MCs happen because of bad luck. So I'm hoping that's the case and it's 4th time lucky.

Would you go or cancel? Xx

Not had the same experience but didn't want to read & run. Firstly, Congratulations & Good luck.

I see my MW next week at 7 + 3 but i did have a positive urine sample confirmed by GP last week, when I called up for the results the receptionist booked me in.

With first baby it was also same, positive confirmed by doctor & folic acid prescribed then MW appointment then 10 week booking appt for bloodworks etc.

I would go anyway and chat with MW, she may send you for bloods to check HCG levels x

The policy at my GP is also to not confirm pregnancies any more. I found this out when I rang up although they recommended a first appointment with the midwife at 8 weeks which is what I did.

I didn't see my GP this time as when I did with my daughter, he did nothing but tell me to book in with mw. They recommend booking in at 8w but couldn't fit me in until 10+5 so I was a bit late. No harm in going early though, it means you'll get your dating scan letter through nice and early :) good luck xxxx

GP has nothing to do with pregnqncy in our area. You self refer yourself on hospital website and midwife contacts ypu to arrange to see you for a booking in appointment when you are between 8-10 weeks.
They got my dates wrong and booked me in when I was 5 weeks....I went to the appointment but when midwife find out how early I was she wouldn't book me in, just rearranged my appointment

Thank you everyone. I might just go and see what she says. No harm done if I get turned away I guess. I wasn't expecting an appointment so soon. Xx

SLB24! Oh my goodness congratulations!!!!!! Xxxx

Thank you Hun! I'm feeling rather positive this time :) I know it's still early but my hcg is rising because my test lines are getting darker! So I'm hoping everything will be fine this time :)
How are you? xx

Thank you Hun! I'm feeling rather positive this time :) I know it's still early but my hcg is rising because my test lines are getting darker! So I'm hoping everything will be fine this time :)
How are you? xx

Hey that's excellent :) I'm doing ok, worrying a lot. Got my dating scan on Tuesday 12th so I've managed to convince myself that something has gone wrong since my last scan at 8+2 how far are you? This is so amazing I'm so happy for you xxxx

I booked in with midwife at 5+2. I have also had 3 losses as was worried about booking in and "tempting fate". I explained the previous losses as was suffering with anxiety and she booked me in for a reassurance scan at the EPU. I ended up having to go at 6+2 however as was getting shoulder pain which was a sign of ectopic - luckily all was well and we got to see a heartbeat. We had another at 8+6 (NHS again) so you will get looked after like me hopefully xx

How are you? xx

Hey that's excellent :) I'm doing ok, worrying a lot. Got my dating scan on Tuesday 12th so I've managed to convince myself that something has gone wrong since my last scan at 8+2 how far are you? This is so amazing I'm so happy for you xxxx

I'm only 4 weeks tomorrow. I just thought that the doctors would ask me to bring a urine sample in, not a midwife appointment tomorrow! Lol but I can't explain it. I just feel really positive about it. I'm getting symptoms and my hcg is high enough to get lines on a 25mlu test which I haven't got with any of my chemicals before. So that's a milestone reached!

You will be fine!! But good luck Hun!! Have you got a Doppler? I used one with my daughter and I heard her heartbeat at 11 weeks! Be cautious though. Some people don't find it until much later or can never find it because they don't know what they're looking for. But it may put your mind at ease.

I will have a scan at 6-7 weeks organised by my consultant. So that's only 2/3 weeks away. I'm really hoping this is it! Xx

I booked in with midwife at 5+2. I have also had 3 losses as was worried about booking in and "tempting fate". I explained the previous losses as was suffering with anxiety and she booked me in for a reassurance scan at the EPU. I ended up having to go at 6+2 however as was getting shoulder pain which was a sign of ectopic - luckily all was well and we got to see a heartbeat. We had another at 8+6 (NHS again) so you will get looked after like me hopefully xx

Thanks Hun. Because of my other losses I've already been told I will get scanned in 2/3 weeks time. It just feels like ages away when you're waiting. Like I said though I feel really positive this time so fingers crossed xx

I've been to my appointment. Pretty pointless lol she gave me the information of how to book into my local hospital and told me to come back at 16 weeks. I guess things have changed since my 1st! Xx

OMG Slb...... Congratulations!!! Such good news.

I am so happy for you. :)

How you feeling??

I saw the midwife at 8 weeks. I have my 12 week scan next Tuesday.

xx

OMG Slb...... Congratulations!!! Such good news.

I am so happy for you. :)

How you feeling??

I saw the midwife at 8 weeks. I have my 12 week scan next Tuesday.

xx

Thank you Hun! I am feeling positive. Things are heading in the right direction this time :)

I feel tired and sick today! Lol other than that I'm fine :)

How are you? Ooh exciting! Good luck Hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back