When did you see the midwife?

Longlegs

Reaction score
I've filled out the form for the midwife to contact me over a week ago but still haven't heard anything from them. I rang the doctor's to find out when they would call but was told they would eventually and at the right amount of weeks. Thing is on the form it asked date of last period which would make me nearly 10 weeks but as I had an early scan I know I'm actually 7+3 but the midwife wouldn't know that. Does the twelve week scan have to be at exactly twelve weeks? I'm getting a bit impatient waiting for a call as I can't just drop everything for appointments as have a job and as it's school holidays will need to arrange a babysitter well in advance!

The scan is okay up until about 14 weeks. I didn't get mine until 13+5 because I was too sick to get there before. Too much later than 14 weeks makes it less accurate for dating. It also depends if you want screaning for downs etc.

I rang the doctor again and they gave me a couple of mobile numbers . One had a message they are on sick leave and the other said they were on leave until until the 23rd of June so either still off or haven't updated their answer phome. Oh well, I'll just keep waiting. Want the scan asap as I can only fake a bad back for so long and want to tell people why I can't lift heavy stuff.

I only called midwife this week at 8 weeks and my surgery had no appointments until 17th August. I called her today and doing my booking in at the birth centre on Sunday which is good

I had to wait 2 weeks for my phone call. Had my booking in appointment today and my scan on the 4th Aug when I'm 12 and a half weeks

I waited for 4 weeks to hear from my midwife after putting in forms at gps and had my booking in apt 2 weeks after that at 10+1. Scan letter then came through pretty quick though.

I put my form in at six weeks and I'm still waiting at just over nine. I rang them last week on Monday and they said a letter is coming... xxx

When I was pregnant, the receptionsit told me to come back at 8 weeks ... I think it is usually 8-9 weeks theyre supposed to get you an appointment for (says on nhs website)... xx

Last edited:
I've filled out the form for the midwife to contact me over a week ago but still haven't heard anything from them. I rang the doctor's to find out when they would call but was told they would eventually and at the right amount of weeks. Thing is on the form it asked date of last period which would make me nearly 10 weeks but as I had an early scan I know I'm actually 7+3 but the midwife wouldn't know that. Does the twelve week scan have to be at exactly twelve weeks? I'm getting a bit impatient waiting for a call as I can't just drop everything for appointments as have a job and as it's school holidays will need to arrange a babysitter well in advance!

If you had an early scan, the midwifery unit would of been informed of they measurements/dates so that is likely why they haven't rushed you in as they know you aren't 10 weeks xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back