When did you drop to...

Hope81

Reaction score
2 bottles per day or for those that bf to 2 bf per day?
I am slowly going towards 2 bottles per day (not that this one is going to be hard with Amelie that hates her milk lol)

Beginning with 8 m so in 2 weeks I am going to offer her afternoon bottle immediately after lunch so if she is still hungry she can have some an that will give me a 4 h between lunch and dinner to hopefully increase her appetite for dinner a little more.
My goal is 2 bottles by the end of 8 months with 1-2 snacks in between meals and by 10 m offer breakfast solids before milk in the morning as she is jot hungry at all for breakfast obviously after a bottle of milk...
Roll on toddler years I am so sick of weaning

I still breastfeed 4 times a day!!! I haven't started offering snacks yet, though. So she has boob at 6.30am, 11am, 4-5pm and 7.30pm. I keep thinking I should start reducing, but I can't see her eating anything for snacks that's as nutritious as milk, so I haven't yet. She will eat fruit, I suppose...

I have loved weaning. Sorry you're not enjoying it. I am not looking forward to the fussy toddler stages though.
xxx

Karen if I had tilly that eats so good I would enjoy it too lol.
I think if Amelie would eat solids good enough I would give her more milk but she dosent like solids nor milk ok maybe she would like chocolate or chocolate milk but I don't feed her chocolate lol maybe I should consider that one ha ha!
I just want a baby that eats sth or drinks sth

I feed on demand and it usually entails three ish feeds a day.... I am hoping to get to two by the time go back to work so I can still feed him.

We have just hit a massive milestone at nine months in regards to weaning! C has just started eating more, and generally being happy in his high chair.

Xx

We're still giving Ethan 3 bottles a day now, but it has only been over the past couple of weeks he hasn't been having the fourth bottle. Ethan isn't overly keen on milk either and somedays I struggle to get 10oz of milk into him over the 3 bottles.. Luckily, he LOVES his food though, so I don't have that problem.
I don't think it will be long before Ethan drops his 3rd bottle, as he's not interested in milk at all. Bit worried though, as he won't drink water/juice so at the moment, the milk & water content in his food is the only thing keeping him hydrated (especially as the weather is getting warmer!). I keep persevering with the beaker (all different kinds, lids on/off) but he won't drink it!

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Hope! But do your babies drink water/juice? And if so, how much do they have per day?

xx

I offer her water with every meal and she drinks a little. I also offer a bottle with baby chamomile tea that I have around during the day for her to drink as much as she wants.
Once it gets warmer and she will need more water I will give water all day around too and if she dosent drink enough tea too.
Last weekend I tried her in a baby banana milkshake actually made with their baby formula. The only added sugar that it had it was from the fruits inside and some cereal.
It's marked for over 8 m here and I found it quite a nutritious snack and way to stay hydrated while out and about (I don't think it can be used with a bottle though as its way too thick?)

I offer her water with every meal and she drinks a little. I also offer a bottle with baby chamomile tea that I have around during the day for her to drink as much as she wants.
Once it gets warmer and she will need more water I will give water all day around too and if she dosent drink enough tea too.
Last weekend I tried her in a baby banana milkshake actually made with their baby formula. The only added sugar that it had it was from the fruits inside and some cereal.
It's marked for over 8 m here and I found it quite a nutritious snack and way to stay hydrated while out and about (I don't think it can be used with a bottle though as its way too thick?)

Fab! Thanks Hope xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back