When did you believe you were pregnant?

Mrsbee

Reaction score
I know this might sound silly, but obviously I know I'm pregnant I've seen squidge (well I saw a blob and a flickering heart beat). But I don't think it's quite sunk in yet. It's so strange, I know this baby is growing inside me and I love it so much already. But I still haven't got my head around the fact I'm going to be a mum. Anyone else feel like this?

I think it starts to feel more real when you start to feel the baby kick. But to be honest, for me, it didn't sink in that I was going to be a Mum until I was in labour! Then I had a mini meltdown, with full on sobbing, about becoming a Mum which my midwife and husband thought was hilarious! xx

I think Daisyduke that is probably how I am going to be! I thought seeing him/her would make it real but it still hasn't sunk in haha xxx

I'm up and down with it- sometimes I can easily picture say this time next year and then other times I freak out and think I am ready? Lol, I think like you even though I've seen blob n heartbeat I'll feel more preg once I get bump n kicks x

Yeah or when we're in labour haha there will be no denying what's happening then haha xx

I can't think that far ahead right now, my mum keeps winding me up saying what goes up must come down! It's alright for her i was a c-section! X

i still cant believe it! im waiting for the 'WHAT HAVE I DONE?!' moment but its not happened yet! xxx

Still hasn't sunk in, even though I've been feeling her for 2 months! Don't think it will until I've given birth

Last edited:
I'm 24 weeks and it's now starting to sink in as I'm getting regular kicks. But until then I just had constant sickness which just really got me down!
I'm dreading giving birth...as much as I want the little fella here I really dread the thought of birth xx

First time round with Jackson, I was aware right away a bit shocked at first but just took for granted that everything would be fine, didnt ever worry much..

This time. I don't believe it at all hence why Im all up tight about lines.

Perhaps for me after an early scan.

xxxx

the day after she was born! up until then it was so surreal that there was something in my belly, the kicks & things were all cute but I didn't really associate them with a little person at the end of it. day 2 & 3 after she was born were when I finally went "omg what on earth do i do with this??"

For me first time around I didn't believe it properly til the first antenatal class .. They were talking about labour etc and I suddenly thought shit I'm actually having a baby! !! Had wanted it for so long and had obviously been feeling kicks but it hadn't properly sunk in!! Xxx

Oh ladies I'm so glad it's not just me I felt a bit awful that I didn't feel a real pregnant lady. Beanie I actually think this is something I might do hahaha. We've wanted him so long that it's just so strange he/she is finally here xxx

I still catch sight of my 22w bump and think wooooooah. Holy moly I'm pregnant! Really? Am I?

I've seen my baby at two scans, I know 'it' is now a 'he', and yet - still feels unreal sometimes. It helps now I can feel him moving around in there, but I still doubt sometimes that its really a baby I'm feeling.

So bizarre and different to anything in life before now. I'm not sure I'll ever fully comprehend this.

I feel like it is more real today seeing the baby on the screen! xxxx

I can't get my head around it at all and I really don't think the scans are helping, it's just so surreal to see a little baby moving around inside me and kicking me but not being able to feel anything! I'm really hoping that feeling the baby move and finding out the sex will help me to connect a bit more xx

The day i got admitted to hosp at 39 weeks! Know it sounds awful but i was just convinced something would go wrong due to my previous mmc - never actually expected to have my baby in my arms! Lol x

Last edited:
With my first pregnancy I believed it as soon as I seen the positive test, I'd been so unwell and passed out infront of the plumber who was fixing something in my flat (he was absolutely mortified, haha!) So I rang my other half and said to pick up some tests and there it was lol. This time around I've had days where I do and days where I dont. 5 weeks now and can't stop peeing, and morning sickness has already arrived. So I'm starting to feel it now but will be happier after first scan :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back