When did u tell people ur news?

HopeJoy29

Reaction score
When did u tell ppl ur news? ❤️🍼

Last time around I didn't tell anyone (bar hubby of course! ) til 13 weeks after scan. I plan on doing the same this time :) xxx

Told parents near enough straight away. Rest of family and friends after 12week scan. Colleagues/others from 14weeks...

I told early on first time and hated that I did. Let the excitment get the better of me.

This time we wont tell parents and fam until 13+w and it wont be going on facebook until 20w.

No due dates are going to be given either. Learned that first time too.

xxxx

We told close family at 5 weeks but that was mostly because it was Xmas and as they knew we were TTC it would have been difficult to hide non-drinking etc. A few close friends knew from about 8 weeks and we'll be telling everyone else after scan next week x

We told parents and close friends at 12 weeks.we didn't put it on Facebook or anything like that. It's so impersonal. We went and visited all our friends to tell them and it just filtered through to the masses. A lot of people didn't find out until she was born as I did post a pic online then so my family in Scotland could see her before we took her up to visit at a couple of months old

Thanks everyone :) my scan in tomorrow i will be nearer 14 weeks. So cant wait. Just praying all is well.
Im not into facebook announcements either some ppl r just so noisey and only on for a gossip. Looking forward to telling my family x

I told my mom the day I found out and I had to tell my work because I had to keep running to the toilet when I felt nauseous and my oh told his family and I told mine there's really no one left to tell next week lol whoops!

we told our close family & friends at the dating scan- turned out to be 15w then. told work the same time as i'd planned to do it around 15w. told other people as and when it came up, some found out when she was born

We didn't find out till I was 6 weeks so told my mum straight away but then waited till twelve weeks to tell the rest of the immidiate family so the inlaws and my sister and brother. Husband told his boss at about 13 weeks so he could attend the appointments with me, and I told three close friends but other than that we haven't told other people. We aren't making any announcements on FB, so have only told people we trust not to post anything without thinking. We have a reunion party next weekend and non of them know apart from one we aren't hiding it but if they don't notice then I won't be shouting it out to them.

I dont think putting it on facebook is completely impersonal - depends who you have on your facebook friends list :lol:

Unfortunately, I cant fly to various places of the world to announce my pregnancy to friends and family :)

xxxx

I'm planning on putting it on Facebook once we've told all immediate family and close friends - I don't have anyone on there that I wouldn't share it with if I saw them, but lots of our family and friends live too far away to travel to tell. I quite liked putting a little picture up on fb last time once I'd told the main people in person :).
Xxx

Both times ive told my mum and sister the day i found out myself.

In laws & other siblings were told a few days later..

Ive had early 7-8ak scans both times so at that point told the OHs grand parents and aunties.

Everyone else at 12wks x

We are in this dilemma. I told my sister when I BFP as I was meant to be going to work and needed someone who could calm me down! Told OH that night.

OH always said he didn't want anyone to know until 12 weeks scan but we have decided to postpone our wedding after already sending out the save the date cards!

Both sets of parents being told this week as they are trying to help plan the wedding and mums wanting to put the deposit down on my dress so we are just going to explain it to them and keep it to ourselves until the scan and then re announce with our new save the date date!

As a couple who have sat by and watched many announcements go on Facebook or whatsapp groups and have suffered that twinge of sadness as we have remained happy for our friends and family and shared in their joy we very much hope to make it to our 12 weeks and shout it from the roof tops in any way we see fit!

I'm telling my parents and in laws this weekend. Then it will be siblings and grandparents when I've had my 12 week scan in a few weeks and friends thereafter. Work will be last as I want to tell my closest friends face to face first.

I had to tell my boss before anyone else (apart from DH) as we had a crisis at work and were pulling stressful 14 hour days. We didn't tell family until after 12 week scan though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back