When did they first smile?

As I write this I am slapping my wrist for sounding like one of them mums who loves to compare/compete BUT I am genuinely intereted. When did you little one first smile at you properly (i.e. not wind)?

Everyone seems to want me to think that babies don't smile until they are at least 6weeks and any time you think they have smiled before then must have been wind. How annoying :evil:
Phoebe was definately smiling from as young as 2 weeks. :D

I was told babies should be smiling by 6 weeks, awww bet it's lovely to see it when they smile at you for the first time. :)

I went for 5 weeks. Maddie smiled before then, but I'm sure it was 'wind' - her first 'social' smile wasn't until 5 weeks - at that point we could get her to smile over and over again by tickling her cheek or smiling at her and she would smile right back.

Now she smiles all the time - it's fantastic!!!

LBxx

rubie smiled at me yesterday morning, 4 weeks and 4 days, but she hasn't done it since :(

Oscar surprised me on Monday with a beautiful smile - his eyes were lit up and he looked so cute.
He was 3 weeks and 4days old.
Emilia xx

Carey smiled on Tuesday night for the first time, it was really nice, the first time his dad had been with him.

So almost 5 weeks

Around 4 weeks old, though she has smiled in her sleep since birth. :)

Ella was approx 3 weeks. This morning she's been smiling at me from her crib like a mad woman, but that's probably as she's trying to apologise for being a naughty little girl last night!

Seren smiled at about 3 weeks but it is hard to get a smile out of her though, tends to be in the morning when she knows its breakfast time as she is a greedy piggy. She has had indy smiles since birth but I knew it was a proper smile as she had her eyes open and was looking at me.

4 weeks exactly (yesterday) - not at mummy or daddy though, at grumpy big brother :?

We got one a few hours later, at 9pm just as Stus going to work and I'm about to get the others to bed - a cheeky little 'haha you can bugger off if you think i'm going to sleep' one, which meant the others wouldn't go to bed until they'd seen him smile too. Who says they don't know what they're doing at 4 weeks old - he got an extra hour of playtime with Callum and Charlotte out of it.

Tracy xx

Awww bless I can't wait to see Damien smile. He still isn't very 'sociable' with us yet.

Dylan was just ova a week but only when he was sleeping u could see him coping my facial expressions coz he was also sticking his tongue out which i kept doingbut he first smiled when he was awake at 3 weeks

I got my first smile off Ella 2 days ago at 3 and a a half weeks, I wasn't so sure at first but this morning she did it again and it was unmistakeable....so cute it really does melt your heart :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back