When did babies eye colour change?

Emmylou

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just wondered when/ if everyones babies eye colour changed?
I have blue/ grey eyes, DH has hazel eyes so wondered if Libby's eyes will change colour? They are greyer than when she was born, but don't know if they'll stay the colour they are now?
Thanks in advance for your replies :hug:

Arianna's were like crystal blue when she was born... they changed at about 1mth to a darker blue.

If the eyes were to change colour they would have done at around 6 weeks of age, though if they have blue eyes the tone of the blue can change beyond 6 weeks

Lennon was born with big blue eyes and they haven't changed and he's 7 months now (I have blue and my husband has brown)

we both have dark hair and eyes so ive already warned OH that when we have a baby he/she will probably have blue eyes until they change and not to read anything into it :lol:

christophers are just starting to change by the looks of it :( i was hoping they would stay blue like mine but it looks like they might be going brown xxxxxxxxx

I have put 5-6 months but to be honest his eyes have only just turned brown now and he is 7 1/2 months. Jake had dark blue/grey eyes at first but for months now they have been in between brown, blue and hazel so we wern't sure what colour they were going to be (I have brown and his Dad has hazel coloured eyes). I am pretty sure they are just brown now though.

Keeley's eyes have always been blue :D ... but sometimes depends on the weather they can be different colours but they always go back to blue :?

I looked this up a while ago and it can take up to 2 years. DD's were bright blue until she was gone 1yr then settled into green. Eefies change every day, his dad has green with brown bits and I have brown with green bits (hazel) so his look greener some days and browner others :?

glitzyglamgirl said:
we both have dark hair and eyes so ive already warned OH that when we have a baby he/she will probably have blue eyes until they change and not to read anything into it :lol:
if u are both carriers of the blue eyes gene, ur baby could still hav blue eyes permanently, warn ur OH about that! x

trixipaws said:
glitzyglamgirl said:
if u are both carriers of the blue eyes gene, ur baby could still hav blue eyes permanently, warn ur OH about that! x

We'll be interested in seeing in ours.. both me and OH have Green Eyes, which I think is recessive.. so it could be completely random what colour eyes they have, though I'm hoping Green as it's not too common and would be nice for us all to have the same.

trixipaws said:
glitzyglamgirl said:

I might be as my grandad had blue eyes and so does my little sister, but OH is Asian so hes definitely not :D

mrs_tommo22 said:
If the eyes were to change colour they would have done at around 6 weeks of age, though if they have blue eyes the tone of the blue can change beyond 6 weeks

Not necessarily.
My daughter started out with blue eyes but at around 5/6 months they became a beautiful bright hazel colour.

Gemma & Jake said:
I have put 5-6 months but to be honest his eyes have only just turned brown now and he is 7 1/2 months. Jake had dark blue/grey eyes at first but for months now they have been in between brown, blue and hazel so we wern't sure what colour they were going to be (I have brown and his Dad has hazel coloured eyes). I am pretty sure they are just brown now though.

I posted this yesterday and looking at Jakes eyes today they have got some blue in them again so they still havn't settled on one colour yet.

Awww thanks everyone for the replies :hug:
I am so impatient to see what colour they will be, they are very much like my eye colour at the mo, but I always thought she would have hazel eyes like DH so I think in my mind I am waiting for them to change.
Was just curious to see whether that was still likely.....and maybe it is.....back to the waiting game then :D

It can take anything up to 2 years for them to totally settle down. Jack's are still changing at the moment, I think they will more than likely be hazel like dh.

Jam had really blue eyes when he was born, now theyre chocolate brown like mummys and they changed after a mth i think?

Sophie's eyes were chocolate brown when she was born and they have gradually gotten darker, i love her eyes!

My lil girls eyes are still bright blue like her daddies :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back