when can i tell everyone?

ceriannbrown

Reaction score
it's annoying me now!! I just want to tell the world.

tomorrow i will be 10 weeks. had my first midwife appointment today. (fainted at the blood test like a loser. i'll be needing regular ones too thanks to a low platelet issue i have had forever!)

but yeah. when do you all tell everyone?

I am reading 12 weeks everywhere, or after a scan, but I realised the other day.. my friend is due in august.. and she told on new years eve. so she must only have been a month pregnant! craziness.

My friend announced her preg at 6 weeks- she said what will be will be-

However although a few of our close friends know and my mum in law- we won't be announcing untill after 12 week dating scan :)

It's generally upto you when you announce- however after the scan, once your pregnancy is assessed as progressing normally its a lot safer and miss carriage risk is massively reduced

:)

They say 12 weeks because that's when the risk of miscarriage significantly reduces, and normally the first scan to confirm all ok. I think it's a personal thing though. I've told people who I would tell if I miscarried anyway. I miscarried in May, and I'm so glad I had told a few friends as I really needed their help with my other children while I was back and forward to hospital. Only person I regret telling was my 73 year old dad. He was really sad when I had the miscarriage.

I told my mum and dad and best friend from the word go... I told work due to adjustments having to he made to assure safety which meant colleagues had to know. We had a scan in Monday and there was a healthy lookin baba with a good heartbeat so we told my grandma and my brother and ill be telling my 2 closest friends (other than my best friend) but we ring announce to everyone else until 12 week scan.

My friend announced her preg at 6 weeks- she said what will be will be-

However although a few of our close friends know and my mum in law- we won't be announcing untill after 12 week dating scan :)

It's generally upto you when you announce- however after the scan, once your pregnancy is assessed as progressing normally its a lot safer and miss carriage risk is massively reduced

:)

haha wow i didnt even know i was pregnant at 6 weeks despite all the symptoms!

have you told anyone about yours yet? I see you are past 9 weeks now.

my doctor said that by 8 weeks if anything really bad was going to happen it would have done by now but also said a lot of people wait until 12 weeks. I hate that there is no definite answer! im very impatient, i dont have secrets :p x

I told my mum and dad and best friend from the word go... I told work due to adjustments having to he made to assure safety which meant colleagues had to know. We had a scan in Monday and there was a healthy lookin baba with a good heartbeat so we told my grandma and my brother and ill be telling my 2 closest friends (other than my best friend) but we ring announce to everyone else until 12 week scan.

Yeah as soon as i found out we told my bf's mum and my parents and his brother. i havent told my grandma because she'll literally tell the whole town via post or something!! i am so excited to tell her as well but i just done know. oh and i told one friend who lives down south who i only get to see every 6 months or so. everyone else is a blab risk!

Glad to hear your scan went well :D

They say 12 weeks because that's when the risk of miscarriage significantly reduces, and normally the first scan to confirm all ok. I think it's a personal thing though. I've told people who I would tell if I miscarried anyway. I miscarried in May, and I'm so glad I had told a few friends as I really needed their help with my other children while I was back and forward to hospital. Only person I regret telling was my 73 year old dad. He was really sad when I had the miscarriage.

Yeah I know what you mean. It's just the impatience and wanting my work friends to know why i am suddenly so knackered and being sick lots etc. They probably know to be honest but yeah, and also i reaaallly want to tell my grandma but she'll tell the world! That's sad about the miscarriage, I'm sorry to hear about that. Sounds like everything is going well for you now though :) xx

don't want to scare you but 8 weeks and 12 weeks are a world apart- whilst your likely hood of miss carrying at 8 weeks is higher than 11/12 weeks you still can

I've only told close friends- who wondered why i had quit smoking and drinking lol- and mum in law

Last time we announced to a lot of people personally ( didn't on Facebook etc) and I got to 12 week scan and found out bean died at 7 weeks- that's why we are waiting

It is good to tell a few close friends- they can support you should it go wrong- however - it's your choice

If i were you- hold out till your scan- I'm sure it will be worth it when you can show everyone that little scan pic xx

don't want to scare you but 8 weeks and 12 weeks are a world apart- whilst your likely hood of miss carrying at 8 weeks is higher than 11/12 weeks you still can

I've only told close friends- who wondered why i had quit smoking and drinking lol- and mum in law

Last time we announced to a lot of people personally ( didn't on Facebook etc) and I got to 12 week scan and found out bean died at 7 weeks- that's why we are waiting

It is good to tell a few close friends- they can support you should it go wrong- however - it's your choice

If i were you- hold out till your scan- I'm sure it will be worth it when you can show everyone that little scan pic xx

Yeah I definitely already knew that, I did lots of research and asked my doctor and midwife. Just getting impatient as I am at 10 weeks. the dr showed me some interesting statistics of 8 weeks onwards and the weeks before it and the differences. but i wouldnt want to risk telling people until i know 100%. anything can happen can't it.

Im sorry to hear about your one at 7 weeks :( that is terrible news. I only found out at 7 and a bit weeks and it was a big surprise to us.

But you're right I should definitely wait until the scan. I just hate being is this much discomfort and pain without the nice benefit of people knowing the news!

I hope all is going well for you now :) x

We waited until after our scan. I had confided in my parents and my sister after a scare at 8 weeks 6 days. We weren't going to tell them but we needed the support. It is different for everyone xxxxxx

I told people when I was 10+6 this time round as I've had 2 miscarriages and I'd had a few scans so I felt comfortable telling people. My parents knew from early on and 2 people on my Facebook too and that was it. But I know people who announced it as soon as they got there BFP x

I told my boss as soon as I found out as didn't want to lie about appointments and such, told my sister straight away too as we tell eachother everything. Ended up having to tell my close work team at seven weeks as I was so nauseous they were starting to think something was really wrong with me! Told my mum after my first midwife apointment who immeadiately told my nan! I haven't managed to tell my dad yet cos he is a stress ball and I don't want him to worry so will prob wait until my scan - I think he suspects though! Everyone else will wait until after my scan :)

I told my boss as soon as I found out as didn't want to lie about appointments and such, told my sister straight away too as we tell eachother everything. Ended up having to tell my close work team at seven weeks as I was so nauseous they were starting to think something was really wrong with me! Told my mum after my first midwife apointment who immeadiately told my nan! I haven't managed to tell my dad yet cos he is a stress ball and I don't want him to worry so will prob wait until my scan - I think he suspects though! Everyone else will wait until after my scan :)

haha aww. so minus your dad you've told the main importants then? that's pretty much the same as me.
my bf met up with some friends today, one of them is due in a couple of weeks.. he said he found it REALLY tough to not say something and blab! felt dead sorry for him. we're both just desperate to tell all of our friends.
this scan can't come fast enough! still so nervous and worried as well. xx

Yeah, I'm no good at secrets! Your boyf did well not to tell, I totally would have!! Mine has told most of his close friends but he doesn't have any family so I let him off :) I get worried too, just try my best not to think about it! Do you have a date for your scan yet?

i told everyone at 6-10 weeks with both mine they only suggest waitin till 2 weeks so easier on you if things do go wrong...i say tell people when you feel ready xx

Yeah, I'm no good at secrets! Your boyf did well not to tell, I totally would have!! Mine has told most of his close friends but he doesn't have any family so I let him off :) I get worried too, just try my best not to think about it! Do you have a date for your scan yet?

haha yeah he said it's the hardest he's ever had to try to not blurt something out. i dont know how he coped!!

no scan date as of yet :(
i have been excitedly rushing to the letterbox every morning and also after work when i get in. oh well. im hoping the letter will be with me monday or tuesday!! it's horrible waiting isn't it? so much uncertainty and crazy thoughts happen between appointments and things xx

Me and my OH told family and close friends as soon as we found out. We wont 'facebook' announce as such until the dating scan but we've told people who we would want to know if anything went wrong anyway x

I am 10 weeks and just told my in-laws this wk end. My parents are on holiday until next week so will tell them next weekend. My brother is about to move to Belfast so this will be the last time we are all together so want to tell them altogether and not over the phone.

with the pregnancy i mc in Nov - I didn't tell my parents, I had an early scan booked and was going to tell them after that! but I started to mc just before it (literally days before) and had to get my parents to take me to the hospital as my DH had the kids etc...so they kinda found out the hard way! Next time I was preggo - I told them at 5 weeks - and again they came with me to the hospital at 10w2d when I miscarried for a 2nd time!

I am going over to my parents today - and am going to tell them I am 4w1d today! but I wouldn't tell other family and friends until I had either had an early scan or my dating scan.

It would be lovely to wait until a 12 week scan and then announce knowing all ok etc!

I announced it at 5 weeks... my little boy is currently in my arms hiccuping away!

Announce it when you feel ready! There's no right or wrong time xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back