When a little mad on the lactolose(TMI)

Linzie2012

Reaction score
So yesterday I was in agony with constipation where it was traveling up my ribs & making it difficult to breath, I've only ever had it like this once before when I was on holiday & not pregnant, but it was after flying & eating lots of rubbish in the flight as you do.

So last night I decided to take 2 egg cups full of lactolose & by 2:30am I was on the toilet, going & very loss but after one attempt managed to go straight back to sleep & up for work feeling great.

So by not learning my lesson, in work I eat lots of melted cheese & bread rolls, get home to a cheesy pizza ! Then I'm in pain, so another egg cup full - this time within 4 hours I'm stuck in the loo, entire contents bursting out & stomach is still rumbling now brewing up more to disk out as I lay in bed typing this.

I cannot keep up this this otherwise I will have piles the size of testicles at this rate.

Some help on what I can add each day to my diet ( I've never ever eaten properly, even before pregnancy & diary is my downfall) I was thinking of a glass of prune juice each day to get the works going, I'm drinking water but sparkling flavoured & always have a cuppa tea upon waking as they say something warm helps it move on which sometimes it does.

What can I add I to breakfast, lunch & supper to get the ol'l channel flowing ?

I laughed reading this, I'm sorry! I think it was your phrasing. I'm suffering a little too, it comes on and off even though my diet is pretty ok. In first tri when it was really bad I found bran flakes and all bran to work wonders and apples.

Breakfast is the key! A cereal with a lot of fibre, All Bran Golden Crunch is my favourite! I like it with yogurt and fruit too. When I get blocked up I have a day where I only eat really fresh stuff, a load of fruit and veg and it gets the digestive system going without the kick that tablets etc give you xx

I've found a granny smith apple, my current craving, before bedtime works wonders. Better than the lactulose!

how about dont take egg cups full of the stuff lol, a single spoonful before bed is quite adequate to keep things moving nicely if you tend to get backed up

I'm fine now & not taken any today, but I have yet to go to toilet today either.

I bought prune juice but couldn't stomach it reall :-(

I always used to find a tripple shot coffee and a cigarette did the job but as that's no longer an option, i'm afraid i'm on the lactolose everynight too. 20ml :oops: probably too much? But i've not had to rush to the loo in the night or anything like that.
Change white bread for browns, add bran or any high fibre cereal to your breakfast regime. Try and avoid overly stodgy food (easier said than done!) white bread, white pasta etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back