Whats the most stupid thing youve ever believed??

my mum used to have me on when i was little, i fell hook line and sinker every time...

when i was about 8 told me that she had 'the incredible shrinking disease' and she would end up smaller than me and just keep shrinking until she disappeared. i was heartbroken.

then when i had a bit of flaky skin on my nose she said that would eventually drop off and i would have to press the little red button inside so my next nose would grow. i was convinced and used to lay awake at night worrying about how i would look during the time my old nose had fallen off and my new one was growing... :(

quite amusing now but at the time i believed it all :shakehead:

glitzyglamgirl said:
Dont know about pips in peppers, but I was told if you eat apple pips an apple tree will grow in your stomach :rotfl:

I got told that it would grow out of your bum!!!!!!!

that my terrapin really had gone to a guy who knew how to make them better :roll:

I was about 25 when we were discussing pets at a family do and I repeated this......
:oops:

dad banged him quickly on the head as he was dying

and no - the seeds of peppers are perfectly safe :D

ummm there's a few things....

When I was really little whenever I had a new doll, my mum always used to make me stay round the corner of the living room while she did a "magic trick" so the doll could have my favourite dolls dummy... I believed it was magic until one day I was about 3, walked round the corner and saw my mum holding a hot metal skewer that she'd heated up on the gas hob and pushing it through my beloved dolls mouth lol.

And this one is slightly worse... I believed until like 4 months ago, that on University Challenge, the desks were actually on top of one another :oops:

x

Oh yeah and when i was younger we had a really out of control dog and mum and dad gave it away to a farm but they told me they had given it to the spoon on button moon.....and i honestly believed that babies came from storks till i was about 10/11....i believed them...how gullable

ok - another - not that I was told just being dumb

When the recent Gulf war started, I kept hearing them mention something called "Shocanor" (say it outloud) - now I watch the news at least 3 times a day and assumed this was a place.

It was "Shock and awe" - ie the initial big hit :oops: worst thing was when I realised I said it outloud and have never lived it down.

glitzyglamgirl said:
Dont know about pips in peppers, but I was told if you eat apple pips an apple tree will grow in your stomach :rotfl:

I was told this as well.

elviedee said:
And this one is slightly worse... I believed until like 4 months ago, that on University Challenge, the desks were actually on top of one another :oops:

x

well, up until a minute ago i thought this too :oops:

I told my sister that you breathe out of your belly button, and that the tv counted how many people were in the room watching it. :rotfl: :rotfl: She believed this til she was about11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :rotfl:

When I was about 4 we found a young hedgehog in the garden that was ill or injured and we started to feed it with cat food and stuff to help it get better. One day it had disappeared and my parents told me that it had got better and its daddy had come to the door to take him back. I never thought to question it and believed it till I was about 16 when my mum told me it had actually died :oops: :oops:

Mum_2besoon said:
That mince pis are made with meat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mince_pie

I just looked this up and to my
:oops:
mince pies do not have mince in them
I dont like mince pies because thye have dries fuit in them i hate raisins but ive always thought they had mince in them
Oh dear :oops:

grace1983 said:
elviedee said:

x

well, up until a minute ago i thought this too :oops:

:rotfl: me too!

This isn't something someone belived in but something they didn't.

My collegue was planning to go to the zoo with her boyfriend one weekend and had told him she wanted to go and see the bats.

He said " I don't believe in bats"

She still takes the piss now 4 years later :rotfl:

My OH told me that leprecorns were real and they lived in the northenest part of Ireland. I believed him :oops:

2 more - how dumb am I exactly :oops:

when we first got together my DH told me couldn't swim - I told him he had to learn on holiday. So off we go to holiday and he jumps in the deep end :shock: I was screaming and panicking .....

he swims like a bloody fish :oops:

and my mum once told me something I believed ..she said if you have sex without contraception even once....you'll get pregnant

yeah right mum :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back