What's the happiest moment of your life apart from pregnancy

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
Mine
Is the day James told me he loved me :cheer:
2 days after we met :D
4 years later still together still very much in love :hug:
Even more each day :hug: :hug:

When Ewan asked me to marry him and when I told my gran about the baby as well. She was over the moon and has knitted enough baby cardigans, booties and mitts to do a football team of babies! :roll:

Gosh, that's a hard question!

Probably my wedding day (actually almost certainly my wedding day):

n502067168_54704_7322.jpg

The day I got my degree results comes a close second.

My wedding day! And seeing my baby son for the first time wasz very amazing but I guess that pregnancy related :lol:

Debecca, your dress is so beautiful and you look stunning!

Yep, would be my wedding day too :) 1 month tomorrow :cheer:

Second would be the day I passed my bike test :cheer:

Rebecca, your dress is absolutley gorgeous :hug:

Aw thanks - so is yours andreaaaaaaa (how many a's?!) - had I got married in Winter I would SO have been wearing red :D

i should say my wedding day but it was pants and all went wrong so id rather forget it :(
erm happiest day proberly meating my bloke even though i was really drunk and dont remeber much i no i was happy :D
oh and xmas just gone is close to being it
manda xx

Mine would have to be my wedding day too. and i never expected to say that as we'd already been together 12 years so i thought it would be lovely and everything but i never expected it to be so perfect and to feel like we were at the beginning of our relationship again! I'm thinking that the birth of our baby it going to top it though!!!

CNV00030.jpg

CNV00020.jpg

LMP x

PS OH will kill me for posting that pic as he's pulling a funny face :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

A good question :) I think there are a few, picking one is not really something I can do, as each of the days have their own special meaning to me and no particular one defines me as a person.

Surprisingly the day I found out I was PG was not the happiest. Yes I was happy, but it was mixed with so many other emotions and questions, it took me longer to become truly happy with the concept of a baby growing inside me. Planned as baby is, I was still shocked as we conceived so quickly, it was hard to take on board.

I'm also not going to say my wedding day, as both hubby and I were and are very low key about that sort of thing. We both wanted as little fuss as possible and to just go back to our lives without anything changing. We don't wear wedding rings and I kept my surname. It was our day and we shared it with 4 other people, but it isn't our defining moment in our relationship. But it was special and shall stay with me always.

I'm going to list other things instead. Things I can look back on and feel the memories. In no particular order

* A day in September 2004 - Getting off the plane at Adelaide airport in Australia after 30 plus hours of travelling and seeing my Bloke waiting for me with the biggest smile on his face. I felt like I had come home and never wanted to leave. All our long distance relationship problems melted away there and then and we've never looked back. The cab ride back to his house we didn't speak, just cuddled. He smelt wonderful.

* Leaving England and moving to Amsterdam. I spent many wonderful years living there and am eternally grateful I had the chance to spread my wings and live overseas, there and elsewhere. It gave me a whole new perspective on life and how to live it.

* Me and my dogs, one early autumn day in blazing hot sunshine walking over the Quantocks for hours. I spent many happy days just the dogs and me, but that one stands out. My shadows and me.

* The day I saw my first ever Cuckoo. A strange one I know but after 30 odd years of waiting, it meant a lot. I followed it for hours. Was a great thing to see.

* When I finally admitted to myself that before I could truly love someone else, I had to be able to love myself. It meant I was able to finally embrace my relationship and the person. It was bare bones and harsh, but it gave me a whole new life with someone I love more than anything. I never thought it would be possible to share what I share with someone till I met my Bloke.

Sherlock said:
A good question :) I think there are a few, picking one is not really something I can do, as each of the days have their own special meaning to me and no particular one defines me as a person.

Surprisingly the day I found out I was PG was not the happiest. Yes I was happy, but it was mixed with so many other emotions and questions, it took me longer to become truly happy with the concept of a baby growing inside me. Planned as baby is, I was still shocked as we conceived so quickly, it was hard to take on board.

I'm also not going to say my wedding day, as both hubby and I were and are very low key about that sort of thing. We both wanted as little fuss as possible and to just go back to our lives without anything changing. We don't wear wedding rings and I kept my surname. It was our day and we shared it with 4 other people, but it isn't our defining moment in our relationship. But it was special and shall stay with me always.

I'm going to list other things instead. Things I can look back on and feel the memories. In no particular order

* A day in September 2004 - Getting off the plane at Adelaide airport in Australia after 30 plus hours of travelling and seeing my Bloke waiting for me with the biggest smile on his face. I felt like I had come home and never wanted to leave. All our long distance relationship problems melted away there and then and we've never looked back. The cab ride back to his house we didn't speak, just cuddled. He smelt wonderful.

* Leaving England and moving to Amsterdam. I spent many wonderful years living there and am eternally grateful I had the chance to spread my wings and live overseas, there and elsewhere. It gave me a whole new perspective on life and how to live it.

* Me and my dogs, one early autumn day in blazing hot sunshine walking over the Quantocks for hours. I spent many happy days just the dogs and me, but that one stands out. My shadows and me.

* The day I saw my first ever Cuckoo. A strange one I know but after 30 odd years of waiting, it meant a lot. I followed it for hours. Was a great thing to see.

* When I finally admitted to myself that before I could truly love someone else, I had to be able to love myself. It meant I was able to finally embrace my relationship and the person. It was bare bones and harsh, but it gave me a whole new life with someone I love more than anything. I never thought it would be possible to share what I share with someone till I met my Bloke.

thats was so lovely reading that! What fantastic memories :D Id love to live in Amsterdam, its beautiful there. I think its my favourite place Ive ever visited.

Im still thinking about the happiest moment/s of my life. I dont have a single moment but Il have a ponder and get back to you!

Wow there are some wonderfull answers
I love the wedding dresses Rebecca and little miss pink and Andrea!!!!! :D :D

Another question who proposed to who?
And was it romantic?
Id love to get maried but James dosnt see the point.
I love him to one day change his mind :pray:
but i love him so much im happy just being with him :hug:

I wouldn't say finding out I was pregnant was the happiest moment of my life - it was followed by a lot of heartache.

Passing both my degrees could be one of my happiest moments. Passing my driving test, seeing my nephew for the 1st time and buying my house I think.

Well JP proposed to me...he had planned it to be really romantic and on our anniversary but he couldn't wait that long! In fact he didn't even wait until he had received the ring he had ordered, he proposed holding up his phone with a picture of my ring on it :D

I had had a few to drink and I believe my answer was "You're probably gonna mess this up but ok, I'll give you a chance" :rotfl:

When my ring did arrive he did it properly though and it was romantic :)

hello
when my oh proposed on top of a mountain and pulled out the ring and champers.
one day in nepal on a canoe watching the himalaya's from the river.
This christmas just gone, spending the morning with just oh on our own for the first time, oh with bump.
too many to mention,...getting our house, getting my degree...
geordie lass - im a geordie too ...well more co.durham way xx

Ginnymarie said:
hello
when my oh proposed on top of a mountain and pulled out the ring and champers.
one day in nepal on a canoe watching the himalaya's from the river.
This christmas just gone, spending the morning with just oh on our own for the first time, oh with bump.
too many to mention,...getting our house, getting my degree...
geordie lass - im a geordie too ...well more co.durham way xx

Oh your making me so green with ENVY :oops:
That is sooooooooooooo romanitc :hug:
YEY TO THE NORTHERNERS :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance:
There are a few of us on site we should startour own club.
Do you still live up North ?
oh i miss it soooooooooooo MUCH
My accent has nearly gone :cry: not impressed with that :shakehead:

The next best day of my life would be to move back up North :sleep: Dreaming

Tillytots said:
thats was so lovely reading that! What fantastic memories :D Id love to live in Amsterdam, its beautiful there. I think its my favourite place Ive ever visited.

Im still thinking about the happiest moment/s of my life. I dont have a single moment but Il have a ponder and get back to you!

Thank you :) I have many more, each has their own special place. Trying to list them all I'd be here all day :roll:

Amsterdam is wonderful. I spent 5 very happy years there and nearly never came back, my ex used to tell me I was more Dutch than him (and he was a true Amsterdammer) as I embraced life and culture there so much. But things changed and life moves on. I've not really regretted leaving, but I miss it to this day. I doubt now I am with hubby we'll ever go live there, but we've visited and he loved seeing the places I've talked about.

Anyone wanting to go live overseas I'd say go for it. Might not always be easy but its such an amazing experience. I never went in for travelling or backpacking, I'd move to a place and really get to know it. Also lived in Hamburg which was different again, but memorable. And east coast US was a blast. New York for a summer was a once in a lifetime experience.

Anything sprung to mind for you yet Tilly? I am sure there are some nuggetes tucked away somewhere there that put a smile on your face even now :)

I love reading other people's memories.

Other than my wedding day it was when I PROPOSED to my OH. I took him to Paris - as a complete suprise, we went up to the top of montparnasse and i put the ring in his pocket hoping he'd notice.
He didn't until an hour or so later, i didn't realise he'd found it, he turned to me and said 'YES' and at that moment i just felt so complete.
I then took him for a moonlit glass-topped riverboat cruise with a 4 course meal and live music. - i didn't tell him about that until we were about to leave for it.
I remember sitting opposite him watching Paris drift by the window, we toasted with champagne and i just knew that everything would be perfect.

I know it's not traditional for a girl to propose but it felt so right :)

(and he did buy me a ring once we were back in England)

Ginnymarie, you so have the best proposal story, we'll all be mad with jealousy now :x

OH went and bought the ring while I was out tutoring (it's de beers don't you know, ironic with me being debecca, and I suppose I shouldn't wear it as it's conflict diamonds etc but it is gorgeous and very Spense McSpense...)...

Anyway I got back from tutoring and he'd got all our cuddly toys in a circle and bought champagne - and he went down on one knee in front of the toys! Very sweet! Very us.

We had a small wedding at Gretna Green, hence the purple dress. BEST day!!!

Im loving all the romantic men out there ive had to tell my oh we are getting married in a few years if i wait for the proposal i will be waiting forever :D

Back on topic

I think the best moments are
* Being on safari in Africa and watching the elephants from a observation tower in the early hours of the morning while they drank from the watering hole and protecting there young.
* Passing my driving test
* Meeting my OH
* Buying my first house
* When i had my 8 week scan due to bleeding and hearing that madam was ok. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27