What's the earliest you can find a heartbeat on doppler?

vegas

Reaction score
Hi everyone, what do u think the earliest you can find a heartbeat on a doppler? I know everyone will be different but when did u find it?

I found mine at 10 weeks �� I just had to be right down in my pelvis x

Last edited:
A few days before my scan which was at 13 weeks, I tried a few times before hand but couldn't hear anything xx

I was lucky and with my 3rd I found it at 9weeks :) sounded like a tiny train chuffing away!

I'm 9+5 and found mine the other day.. Check along nicker line.. Youll find it hovering about there somewhere .. I tend to angle different ways with the Doppler but it's there X

I've found my 3 at:
8 weeks 1 day
8 weeks to the day (but then got moved back 4 days at dating scan?!- so possibly 7w+3?!)
And 7w+4 (but got moved forward a day today, so 7w+5)

All with a cheap £20 angelsounds doppler too.

And yep defo heartbeats as all recorded and confirmed despite being told it was too early by every bloody professional until a reluctant midwife listened to my recordings herself on my 2nd pregnancy :) and God I felt smug at that point.

She then was quick to backtrack and tell me it was early days and not to rely on it when I was worried etc as I may not find it again for a long time blah blah blah xx

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Does it depend if you have a tilted uterus or not?

I think there's sooo many factors as to when you can hear Bubba's heartbeat.

Body build.
Position of the baby.
Doppler.
Patience.
Position of placenta etc
And actually looking in the right area of course xx

Ery, I was told during my second mc that I have a retrovertred (backwards tilting) uterus which made me more difficult to scan. During my third mc, I mentioned to the sonographer about it and she said that it wasn't backwards tilting anymore acc vs had righted itself! I didn't realise it could just change like that.

If it tipping backwards can affect scanning then I'd imagine it would affect a Doppler too.

XX

Cool. I knew it would change further on in the pregnancy (no one has a bump at the back lol) but didn't know it could randomly change. Mine hadn't though... it's been backwards since at least my son lol. The ultra sound person thanked me for letting them know so I have to have this weird cushion under my bum when I have internals lol.

Found baby heartbeat at 10 weeks. Right by pelvic bone angled downwards (diagonally.) Took us ages as we started to try and find heartbeat from 7 weeks with no luck. Very easy to find now xxx

I found mine at 9 weeks with my first. I'm going to try a bit earlier with this one, as I still remember how I found it.

Which is the best one to get? X
Mine is an angelsounds jumper. It's cheap and cheerful at £20 but I can't fault it, however there's no hb display xx

I found my baby's heartbeat today!!

I'm 9+1 by my dates although was measuring slightly ahead at early scan, so could be around 9+4.

XX

Woo hoo. I'm still trying to find mine everyday. 9+2 today. Where did u find yours?

Just above my knicker line.

It was pretty quiet and behind a lot of noise from my heartbeat and whooshing sounds.

I only managed to record about 3 seconds on my phone as if I moved the probe even a fraction I lost it again

XX

Just above my knicker line.

It was pretty quiet and behind a lot of noise from my heartbeat and whooshing sounds.

I only managed to record about 3 seconds on my phone as if I moved the probe even a fraction I lost it again

XX

Try angle diagonally down hun, that helps alot as well cos I think that stage they are under the bone. If that makes sense. I watched a lady doing it on YouTube and explaining an I done it and it worked :) they are so easy to loose as well lol slightest move and my girly would disappear lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back