What's the deal?

sallybee

Reaction score
With these?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365951619.620466.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365951635.685408.jpg

Heinz you are so naughty! Why are they allowed to do this? My mum bought these today and was gutted when I said C couldn't have them for ages yet!

Is it to do with those stupid labelling laws that haven't caught up with legislation? Xx

Ah is it because of the gluten? Sorry I can't see how old your LO is?

Do the normal fruit pots have anything naughty in, the ones without oats?
My LO used to love fruit pots :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

She's under 6m so can't have gluten yet. Forgot tickers don't show here!

I don't know about Heinz but the cow and gate ones don't have naughty gluten in lol xx

I am so wary about pre-made stuff.

I know that I am not going to be able to feed James 100% homemade stuff all the time and I have some Ella's Kitchen pouches... They don't taste anything like what they are meant to?? The banana and the pear pouch both taste nothing like banana or pear so it makes me wonder what the Hell is in these pouches??? The ingredients list is no use but there has to be some kind of preservative in them :shock:

xxxxxxxx

As far as I'm aware there is nothing added to Ella's kitchen pouches. I think they just taste differently as they are all smooshed together? The pouches themselves are made of aluminium and plastic. I assume they go through some sort of process to make them last though (something like pasteurising milk which doesn't add anything?)

I'm not a fan of pre-made stuff to be honest but my mum keeps buying odd bits. As C has all my own purées the rest of the time I figure one jar or pouch every once in a while wont kill her. Xx

I thought all Ella's Kitchen stuff is 100% organic and natural etc but they just don't taste right?

They taste really sweet?

I think ready made food has it's place (says me who feeds James the pre-made milk :shock: :shock:) but I just want to get into good habits with bub and let him taste as much as possible that I have made with my own fair hands LOL

I cook almost every night from scratch for us anyway so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

xxxxx

99% of the food Cathy has eaten has been homemade, but pouches and pots are just convenient for going out and about! Plus my mum has a weird obsession with buying them (and we had coupons lol!)

If you are doing BLW with James though you really don't have to worry about any of this anyway. When you make your meal on a night and during the day you simply give him some. After putting the sheet down of course! Xx

Ah well, hopefully there's quite a long use by date on them.
Phoebe used to always have homemade at home apart from fruit pots and yoghurts lol but I found Ella's Kitchen an absolute godsend when out and about x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think it has to do with legislation?!

I make home made if I'm at home. But I do have Ella's Pouches some Heinz pots, it's like 2 pots of stuff in a packet. William loves them. Sometimes I don't have time to make him food. Or if we are out and about I always take an Ella's Kitchen.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back