Whats Safe To Use In Pregnancy?

bubble_dreamer

Reaction score
i want to give up smoking i only smoke about 10 a day but that is where my sanity comes from half the time :lol:

When i found out i was pregnant the reaction i got from my doctor was 'You cant use anything to help you quit whilst your pregnant' :?

Just wondered if anyone had received any different advice from doctors/midwifes regarding this or if anyone knows what is safe to use whilst being pregnant?

I addressed the subject of smoking with my doctor when my preg was confirmed and she said using gum or patches is better than smoking although its not 'ideal' i.e. using or taking nothing is better. You have to weigh up what is gonna work for you, whether you can stop smoking 100% or whether you think you will need some help. I think its prob better to chew gum/use a patch if its going to prevent you smoking 10 fags a day!! Im doing it cold turkey and its HELL, could kill for one sometimes :evil:

thats what Wobbles said earlier when i was talking to her about it. She started going cold turkey on them today and i know she is doing really well but its not easy for her bless her! but if she can do it then i damn well know that i can :lol: I have an appointment with my midwife on tuesday so im gonna ask her what she thinks then tbh i dont think i have enough will power to do it without anything :oops:

I admire anyone who quits when pg, i didnt and smoked all through my pg, when i look at Max now i feel guilty that i did, but luckly he is fine at the moment and i hope he stays that way oherwise i couldnt forgive myself!!!

so good luck to you and i really hope you do it ok

natalie xx

Hey newbump how many did you smoke a day? I get sooooo tempted sometimes, its very hard :evil:

i smoked all the way through with both my other 2!

have been without a fag now since 10am n i have had the day from hell my moods have been all over the place my OH has recieved a fair amount of abuse from me so far and even had a glass of water tipped over his head at one point for laughing at me :oops: :lol:

i feel like its getting easier to do it though i dont feel now that i need to have one more the fact that i want to have one. I guess more out of habit than actually needing it now. :?

I'm dying - Your doing really well though :dance:

Although I'm a bit miffed that it took me to go to STOP mode for you to think well if she can I bloody well can :lol: Was I that bad :shhh: :lol:

erm yer :lol:

nearly 24 hours without one :dance: and im a lot calmer than i was yesterday :lol:

Well as long as long as you stay in Essex I will believe you :lol:

I was really bad and smoked about 15 or so a day, tried to cut down but before i knew it i was already half way through a packet of 20!! i do feel bad about it now though

xx

I think the mind game of believing you can ‘cut down’ is worse.

Being a heavy smoker I was told the best way for me was to cut down so I then found myself sitting there counting the minutes until I could next have a fag! Madness! The craving got worse each hour. I’d smoke 1 every 15 minutes usually.

I went back to my normal habit of 40 ish a day & within that time made myself aware that I ‘did’ want to cut down. Sometimes it’s not the will power it’s the wanting to stop. When I reached a confident point I started. So instead of counting the minutes to when I can have a next fag on my cut down attempt I was saying to myself no I don’t ‘need’ one!

I’m now smoking less than 10 a day – About 6/7. My weakness is morning & after food.

i stopped recently, i didnt need to use anything but it was hell, anything for my baby:)

well done u lot for giving up and cutting down it is very hard and i do understand that it just takes that one little thing to set u back again. I stopped 3 weeks before colby was born and re started again :wall: :wall: a few weeks ago (feeling the baby blu depression i guess) but no excuse to start again. I really want to stop again but im finding it so hard this time to last time but so far today from 6am ive only had 2 but im having one now as i type while colby is asleep upstairs so all the windows are open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back